"We're not Tennessee. We're Vanderbilt." -- Aaron Hayden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TangoUniform, Nov 10, 2017.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Ouch.

Didn’t he get his leg snapped in half at Vanderbilt back in 94 or 95? Remember it being gruesome.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep, 94 Was at that game too. Peytons freshman year. 65-0 If I recall correctly.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

some truth and i wouldn't go to UT with Butch there, but his kid at St Georges didn't play against much competition and would be 5th string rb this year.
    Hayden/Little Man combo was a fun time though

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's looking pretty decent for Arkansas as a true freshman. Not really ready to say he'd be behind Fils-Ame or Tim Jordan.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. That was the first time that I can remember watching a game and seeing something like that happen.

7. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Hayden was better than Stewart but stayed in the doghouse. I liked his overall running ability better than Garner but wont debate that one.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea ‘‘twas nasty.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm just happy that someone that matters/mattered feels the same way I do. And even better, he's openly saying it. We've needed someone that folks might listen to say this blunt, even brutal, truth out loud for the world to hear for years now. Towing the company line by voicing disingenuous support for people like Butch, even going so far as saying they think he was doing a good job and saying he needed more time to get us back on track, has just sent us further into the depths of despair we are in now.

I imagine it wasn't easy for Hayden to say what he did. And, no doubt, it was an extremely difficult realization, but before any real remedies to solve any type of problem(s) can be prescribed, the scientific method says an acknowledgement that there is/are a problem(s) must first be made. After that, solutions can be explored.

As excruciatingly painful it is hearing what Mr. Hayden said, it's the truth. And the truth shall set you free. Now that folks that matter are openly admitting this truth, we will be better off in the long term because the more that speak out, the closer we are to taking concrete steps to remedy the situation.

Kudos, Aaron Hayden. I appreciate your stinging indictment of where the UT football program finds itself at this moment in time. Now lets fix it. We all know the best first & second steps in doing so. Will the powers that be take those steps? I surely hope so, but we'll see.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

with the way Butch operates a depth chart, who the heck knows

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I do not agree with either statement. Hayden gets more style points than Stewart. But Stewart got the job done consistently better. He was a battering ram.

The Garner part is crazy.

thagodfather and JohnnyQuickkick like this.
  12. Hayden couldn’t carry Charlie Garner’s jock. No offense.

thagodfather and GahLee like this.
  13. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Emmitt Smith holds the records not Thurman Thomas or Barry Sanders. I know Sander retired and was on a sucky team. Thomas was faster and Sander was more elusive. Smith was above average in speed, power and elusiveness. I considered Smith a "complete" running back. I told my cousin (we are both Dallas fans) the first season Smith was at Dallas ( and he only played half the year) that he was going to be the best RB in the NFL.

Hayden IMHO had more power than Garner and was more elusive than Stewart. Thats why I said overall RB. I think if I recall correctly Garner was a better receiver than Stewart or Hayden and faster than both. IMHO though Hayden was a more "complete" running back.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Chuck Webb was the best I ever saw in a UT uniform, followed by Montario Hardesty. LeMarcus Coker (the big pot smoker) could have gotten into the conversation had he not been a blithering idiot. Same for Onterrio Smith...

thagodfather likes this.
  15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Jamal Lewis?

A-Smith likes this.
  16. GahLee

Barry Sanders is better than Smith ever thought about being, it isn't even close.

thagodfather and 10SEvols like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not even close. Sanders is the best back I ever saw play in my lifetime, and I would say Jim Brown is the only back better than him.

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Top 10 for sure. Maybe top 5.

19. GahLee

Barry is the best football player I have ever seen. Played on hopelessly bad Detroit teams and still managed to dominate. Every knew he was getting the ball and they still couldn't stop him. If Sanders ran behind that line with that QB/WR/TE play he would have shattered every record that meant anything and Smith would have been good in Detroit but he wouldn't be sniffing the all-time rushing record if he had Scott Mitchell as his QB.

20. GahLee

He is better than Monterio, by a wide margin.