We've been sort of called out!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Nov 7, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I want what's best for our players. What's best for our players is to have a real coach, as fast as possible. I can't root against us, I've tried and just can't, but I was going to be thrilled if we did lose last night. I've quit watching though, won't watch another game this year I don't think.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I want to win.

In certain situations losing doesn't bother me as much as others. We've hit that point.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think I've said this before but I just try to enjoy each game as a stand-alone thing when it gets like this. I mean, that sucks and it isn't nearly as meaningful, but you only get 12 or so of these a year and I'm going to try to find whatever enjoyment I can.

4. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I would have normally wanted to punch anyone in the face that wished for a loss. I really detest him more than I did Dooley. I understand how shitty it makes me look. I respect your opinion and definitely understand your side of things.

More than anything I really just want him to leave. I know losing helps expedite that process. And I'm very much afraid of years of mediocrity from this buffoon if he wins just enough to keep saying "progress."

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want to win too, but I'm not very interested in this season and it sucks. My give a shit meter probably won't move much until the jackass is gone.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get very angry seeing guys like Hurd, JRM and Barnett busting their ass for idiotic playcalling and just flat out coaching malpractice robbing them of wins

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

And I would also like to add on gameday I was cheering for us against Florida, UGA, and Bama. Somehow it's much easier to hope for losses against teams I don't really detest. I hate Butch and that moron Hart for turning me into this type of fan.

8. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

i never have and cannot hope for a loss during a game. just not the way i'm wired. i can be cynical (like this year) and i can be apathetic (like this year.) while i hoped to beat ou, i was laughing by the end of the game.

that leaves me hoping they win out, even though it may mean a raise, an extension and more mindless dribble from vn.

here's also hoping the well-meaning, denial-laden in-over-his-head cliche-machine goes on to greater glory, be it purdue, maryland or the great gridiron in the sky. his family, while grieving, will be well-compensated.

quite cynical, it seems.

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

My bad...

Butch made his comment.... people started talking about his whining.... Butch then spoke with Hyams later and told him that he he felt bad for his comment and was just happy his players won....Hyams relayed these comments via twitter

My point (via ramble) was that obviously, for Butch to reach out to Hyams with this faux apology/excuse, someone told him to STFU and fix it.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think that's perfectly fair and reasonable, JQQ. Smart, even.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Smart, but I find it hard. I let my loathing of Lyle Jones override my joy, because in the back of my mind I know this huckster is going to win just enough to keep the sheep happy and we will never win anything unless he just stumbles on it. And his contract is criminal and makes me realize it makes it that much harder to get rid of him.

I really should just walk away for my own happiness.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

"I won't apologize for winning" wtf?!!? You didn't win shit, in fact second qtr on you and debozo did all you could to lose Foreman preserved victory. Apologize for winning my arse

Positive?!? He wants positive??? Frig that, from today on I hope the all media and social media platforms as well rain down criticism (on and of him) until the desired outcome is achieved

14. Tenacious D

This is where I am. I'll watch, but only for as long as I can stomach it. Then, I just go do something else.

My world no longer revolves around Tennessee football, and won't, as long as Butch or his incompetent equivalent is there. After 10+ years of this, I just can't enjoy watching us do the same stupid shit week-in-and-week-out, and getting out coached in nearly every game.

It is a good thing - a damned good thing - that Jones has recruited his ass off, because with even slightly above average talent, I'm not sure that we've won more than 2 games at this point in the season.

And, not to suffer with group-think, or to beat the long-since dead horse, but Butch Jones is going to be an insurmountable liability for as long as he coaches here, and I don't see how any reasonable human could possibly believe otherwise. And we're seeing him at the absolute pinnacle of his ability, right now, if you can imagine that. Once he continues to record anything less than 10-11 win seasons, and the recruiting corrects itself, things are going to get far worse, IMO. And that's if things stay the same in the SEC East - where UGA and USC have / hire / maintain mediocre coaches. If they make changes and hire better coaches than they have now, Jones' rot will only more quickly occur.

I'm sick and tired of our coach always being a liability. And unlike a player, where so much is unknown about how they'll make the step up to college, the hiring and maintaining of a shitty and incompetent coach is far and away the easiest thing in the world to evaluate, discern and avoid.

And we just can't figure that out, for whatever reason.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I've heard Virginia Tech and Maryland have the most positive fans in college football.

16. Tenacious D

One man's trash..

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Heard same of Hawaii and SMU

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

got it. thanks.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

but with that in his head, he knew, just as well as we did, that it was a very poorly coached football game.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hyams was popping jokes this morning on Nashville radio about being positive.