What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which one did you select as a starter?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Squirtle. I've already got 2 gym badges and caught my level 7 Mew.

I didn't even know the Mew glitch existed when I was a kid. I caught my Mew back then with a friend's gameshark. I was very proud of myself when I finally hit 151. I think my last one to complete the pokedex was trading for a Growlithe and then evolving it into an Arcanine.

I think my goal this time around is to complete the Pokedex in Gold or Silver, since I never did that as a kid. Gonna be a challenge without having another system to trade back and forth with, but we will see, I guess.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mew glitch?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're able to catch a level 7 Mew as early as when you arrive in Cerulean City. The steps are pretty straight forward:

1. Catch an Abra with teleport.
    2. You've gotta walk in the eye line of a specific trainer but hit the pause button BEFORE he "sees" you and gets the exclamation mark above his head to fight.
    3. From the menu, teleport with Abra.
    4. From there, you have to fight and defeat different specific trainer
    5. After that, you return to the area where the first specific trainer that you teleported away from is located.
    6. Upon entering the area, your menu will automatically pop up.
    7. You hit the "B" button to exit the menu, and you automatically get an encounter with a level 7 Mew.
    Most difficult part was leveling up the damn Butterfree to level 17 so I could put the damn Abra to sleep to catch him. The glitch is related and very similar to the Missingno glitch that allows you to multiple items like rare candies and master balls.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, it must be triggering the value being referenced to pull from the wrong place.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Whatever it is, I'm a fan. Now if I could just find someone local to trade with.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Finished Days Gone. I enjoyed it quite a bit. If you have a PS5 and active PS Plus account, it’s free in the PS Plus Collection. Can definitely recommend for the low cost of free

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Since you recommend, will you reimburse me if I pay free for it and do not enjoy it?

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fenyx Rising is really good. One of the better games I've played recently.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Finished Jedi:Fallen Order for a 3rd time. It’s just really satisfying. Farming stormtroopers for XP just doesn’t really get old.

now back into RDR2. Think it’s just gonna have to be smaller doses to get through that one

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Let’s not get carried away here

I will say, it does get a little repetitive at times causing it to be a bit longer than it really needs to be (from the main story standpoint) but the horde concept that is especially prevalent in the last third of the game made grinding out skill and camp upgrades worth it to me.

There are also a couple spots that do get annoyingly buggy, particularly a mission involving a ski lodge that advances the main story that should have probably been fixed, but I didn’t run into anything game breaking.

So, upfront, remember if you have a mission that requires you to go to a ski lodge to find a dude, don’t track the mission on the map, deselect it and set a map marker close to the area. That prevents the mission from glitching

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I need to go back and play through that one. I think something else came out around the same time and I got sidetracked

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How did people end up doing with Cyberpunk? I honestly got bored and moved off it. Really moved off console gaming in general for a while as we prepared to move. So not really sure if it was Cyberpunk’s fault.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still haven't purchased it because I don't want to bother until I have a PC with the recommended specs. Otherwise it would be a console-like experience.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's a new FFVII Remake game coming out soon, and it looks very meh to me. I didn't even know it existed until I started looking into when the next installment of the remake will be released.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Playing Outriders right now. Decent so far, when it actually works.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, it’s just a DLC being used to intro Yuffie into the remake universe, so it won’t be a complete game. We probably won’t see the second part until a year from now at the earliest

Interested to see what kind of improvements come in the PS5 upgrade though

Also really hopeful that FF16 gets a 2021 release

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

From what I read about FF16 yesterday, we'd be lucky to see a 2022 release. lol

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ready for that Mass Effect legendary edition to drop

emainvol and IP like this.
  20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m thinking Q1 2022 unless something has changed. The team on it is a real good one, and it’s been in dev for almost 5 years already