When did you know Dooley was not and could not be the guy?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I just noticed your a "Super Moderator". Do the really know you?

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

She has said she lives in Georgia. From looking at her sentence structure on TOOS, it doesn't match up with whats posted here. IMO

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Was this directed at me? If so, I didn't understand the question.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dallas Thomas hasn't regressed but I can't say he's gotten appreciably better

5. Beechervol

Yes.

It was a joke that was missing a "y".

Do they really know you?

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

getting a good chuckle out of Hat. Beecher, I love the Farmer Fran reference.

7. Beechervol

Yeah. That was a good spot for it.

JT must have not liked my joke.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Which one of you clowns is doing the impersonating? MZTERRY is no genius and certainly a homer, but she has more game than that.

9. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

List of players whose got better: All the offensive lineman,Neal,Rivera,A.Rogers,C.Miller,J.Smith,Couch,B. Moore.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The J. Smith who keeps losing contain and setting up the opponent's 70 plus yard TD runs? Yeah, he's a testament to player development.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

How many times is Byron Moore's ass out of position? Couch has been non existent this year. You don't know if Byron Moore has progressed or not because this is the first year we have seen him play.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Whoops, it's a **** up.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Egad.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Wow. Our coach should be commended. Does all this improvement mean a win - ever?

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I do not support this message

17. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Sorry I'm late to the party but I had a feeling Dooley wasn't the guy very early on.

He was a desperation hire. No doubt about it. His coaching resume was not impressive at all.

I feared from the get go he wouldn't have the ability to recruit at a high enough level. I think that has pretty much played out to be true.
    He did not assemble a great recruiting staff by any means, which is critical at a school like Tennessee, especially when he is not a "name" head coach. His best recruiting class was his first recruiting class which was aided considerably by the early enrollees like Bray, Smith, Miller, James, Fulton, etc... Hunter was going to switch regardless because of location and the track program. Bottom line is his recruiting classes have just not been good enough. And when a lot of your highest rated recruits are JUCO's who are gone in 2 years its very tough to expect to close the gap in a league like this.

I just dont see him making any kind of a move up the SEC ladder. Maybe to the middle of the pack but nothing more. This years recruiting class with what is it...17 commitments already... to be perfectly honest is pathetic. It's one of those classes that is actually going to widen the gap, not close it.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Howdy Montrell and welcome. I agree, the recruiting hasn't been good enough although I don't mind him going the JUCO route if in fact those guys can make immediate impacts. To go a step further, though we don't have the "top" recruits, I do think that a better coaching staff would make a huge difference in the players we have.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hold up - I was under the impression that he was discovering a bunch of diamonds in the rough. What's all this pathetic talk?

20. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I dont have a problem with them going the JUCO route either, but people have to realize those are 2 year guys and the turnover is immediate. Before you know it they are gone, while also inflating your recruiting rating. My point is you cant look back on a recruiting class 3 years later and see where it was rated, and assume you have all this talent when half of the highly rated guys have already moved on.