When did you know Dooley was not and could not be the guy?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 8, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Kentucky

Before Kentucky, I was giving him a chance.
    After Kentucky, he was dead to me.

And it wasn't just the outcome.

3. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not sure there is a way to tell this but I wonder how much of these guys improvement is the system/coaches or just the fact they are getting better because they are getting older?

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not sure there is a way to tell this but I wonder how much of these guys improvement is the system/coaches or just the fact they are getting better because they are getting older?

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Exactly my sentiments.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dumbest post ever. Not surprised you posted it and took off. No one here is against the team, just the idiot in charge. Those kids deserve better.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Another great hatvol post.

8. Montrell

Montrell New Member

X1000. Wanting a proven head coach who will bring in the talent necessary to win does not mean we aren't fans or dont support the team. It has nothing to do with the "team", and everything to do with getting this program back on track.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Good post.

Its amazing how hollow our roster is. We have no quality OLs outside of our starters, we have 1 TE, we prolly wont return a WR with more than 150 yards rec

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which is why I don't get the whole "Dooley is building us up. Continuity will make a difference." etc. coming from folks who I can only assume no even less about football than I do. And I played soccer in high school.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I feel confident in saying Neal is better because of coaching. Beyond that, I remain agnostic.

12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I don't follow recruiting like you guys do ... if we got a solid new HC in for 2013, how many recruiting classes would it take to get us competitive in the SEC East?

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You mean u arent impressed with Vincent Dallas and Crowder?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

"diamonds in the rough" = blood diamonds. End the horror. Fire Dooley.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It depends on how good Peterman is. I speak in hyperbole sometimes but even still, our roster isn't very good. The best example is to tell you that in 2 years Vandy will have a comparable 2 deep if Franklin stays and Dooley is still our guy.

The main issues that the next HC will have to address:
    - The starting OL isn't tough. Their backups are weaker than cat piss. We will have to find out who can play out of Crowder, Kerbyson, Jackson, Posey, Pair, and Bullard and spend a lot of time transforming them from takers to givers.
    - At WR we will have 3-4 Southern Conf caliber players and the rest are guys that can't demand a Safety over the top.
    - Across the DLine we will have a plethora of below- avg to average seniors and 5th year seniors. After that we have nothing.
    - LB is going to be rough if we still plan on playing a 34.
    - DB will be adequate.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

THe real problem with the juco route is that all but the really top players generally need at least a season to get up to speed. therefore you really only get one good season out of him. Get aaron rodgers or cam newton sure, but a class with any more than say 3 juco guys is a major red flag.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Great to have you over here Montrell.

18. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

Okay - that was the one that did it for me.

Dooley needs to go.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

This, my friends, is the equivalent of Cronkite turning against the Vietnam War.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Its tough to admit. As long as you finally see it and do.

I have read some stuff today that makes me think he could finish 3-9 and some would be pissed if he was fired.