Who do You Want?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GahLee, Sep 19, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am working under the assumption that a Jones failure equals Hart getting jettisoned as well. I don't know why I have that delusion.

2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Who hires the AD? Cheek?

3. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's a vicious, depressing cycle

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And went so far as to say that, if Butch can't win with this roster, it's fair to question whether he ever could win here.

Forde must think we've got a bunch of 35 year olds on this roster.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Cheek and Hart need to be walk into the sunset. Or wherever. Just leave.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to point out that UT has cancer... unless we have a group of influential boosters start worrying about having a winning tradition again, what can we, the little guy, actually do other than [itch bay] on a message board?

My level of hatred for Butch has gone up exponentially every time the **** has opened his mouth since OK. For **** sakes, I'm IN Florida this week and will be going through Gainesville on Saturday. Instead of trying to figure out how I might get tickets, I'm trying to figure out what time I need to leave Orlando to avoid traffic.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I have to think he has to completely implode to be fired. like 3-9 or 4-8

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

There is no chance this is true at a place that cares about the program, it's long term health or the national brand. With Cheek and Hart at the helm, I'm not even sure complete implosion changes anything.

They always have recruiting to fall back on, as if recruiting success is somehow new to UT.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Their audience is stupid, sadly, so there's no accountability.

Say it's hard to recruit to UT...UT fans believe it.

Say it takes years and years to build a winner...UT fans believe it.

Say [ddiapos] and Butch Jones are worthy of the HC role...UT fans believe it.

UT fans are dumb as ****. Only thing I can't understand is how the University fails to see the economic benefit of producing a winner.

11. NorrisAlan

It is all about Control. Academia vs Athletics. They see it as an adversarial situation instead of something that can work well together. I personally know an ex-professor who wishes athletics were done away with. It is not an uncommon thing among the academic side of the house. They see all the money spent and think it is a waste, when in actuality the money is brought in solely because of the athletics and wouldn't be there otherwise.

I can see their point, but it just doesn't jibe with reality.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because the university is ultimately ran by a bunch of people who are just positioning themselves for that dream job at an Ivy League school that they think is just around the corner but will never come. They don't get it. They don't get what UT is. We're a Research One flagship that should be bigger than life in every way possible-- not making up new pronouns or trying to move up the "best study abroad" lists or whatever.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Communism

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The number of faculty who feel that way is often overstated. They're a minority. I sizable one, but a minority. Many see it for what it is: a way to raise the profile of the school, a way to engage the public and alumni, a part of university life, etc.

15. NorrisAlan

Do you think the tenured power players fall in the sizable minority? Honest question.

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah, but you still have a penny wise, pound foolish, attitude.

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I just don't think Chip's personality would be a good fit here. He'd probably be playing videos of Jeremiah Masoli running for TDs in the UT complex. #Sarcasm

20. NorrisAlan

I would replace Smokey too:

[​IMG]