Will we see college football in 2020?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 17, 2020.

?

Yes or no?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2020.
  1. Yes

81.8%
  2. No

18.2%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is it gonna happen or not?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, at minimum you'll see an Army-Navy game, etc.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

High school ball kicks off this week.

I still don't see how high school plays but the SEC sits it out.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If they check temps in warmups in this heat, they wont have enough players.
    Ran into that at lacrosse so you saw kids putting cold towels on their heads and necks in the shade then coming back for a 2nd check.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been super hot all over the country lately. 130 in Death Valley, which if confirmed will be in the top 3 hottest temperatures ever recorded on Earth. Hottest ever in August on Earth.

6. CardinalVol

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think a few of the conferences will start the season and we will get at least a couple of weeks worth of games before shit starts getting sideways with cases/outbreaks on teams. No idea how it will go once that starts happening.

10SEvols and cpninja like this.
  8. cpninja

cpninja Member

IMO the SEC will be playing games until entire teams start having to self isolate, then it'll get shutdown. So preemptively [uck fay] auburn

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Obviously hinges on the next couple of weeks and what it looks like with students returning.

I think they get it started, but have little confidence we see it to the finish line.

Would love to be wrong.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

thinking aloud and typing which usually goes well, but with students back on campus, will we see a big spike? Seems we should, but wouldn't hospitalizations and deaths go down due to the millions of students who are now not around their parents and elderly, but around other comparitively healthy individuals instead?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sec will give into the bullshit and shut it down

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Found the one who never lived in the South. They'd play in a zombie apocalypse.

13. CardinalVol

Awww, look at the Pac 12 pansy trying to make himself feel better thinking we'll cry uncle as quick as they did.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, if they aren't figuring out a basketball schedule completely comprised of 8 and 16 team tournaments held each weekend or every other weekend, the NCAA is a complete waste of oxygen. Football is actually the one sport that is hard to deal with in a pandemic environment. Basketball, and many others, could be organized into a series of mini tournaments so as to allow teams to bubble, play the games, identify any risks/infections, then bubble up again for another. Cancelling the basketball season, which has the revenue to afford this (in fact, this would likely be cheaper or the same for most P5 teams), is just a failure of imagination.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If I don't get to see this particular Vol basketball team this year, I will be upset something fierce.

16. CardinalVol

Basketball is going to happen.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good. The UNC, Alabama, Auburn campus stuff irritates me. We know how to do better, so let's do it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Nope. We playing.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

The season will start. I’m not sure it’ll finish.

10SEvols likes this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But isn’t campus life what most students are really paying for to these colleges these days, especially with internet making information so widely available