Wireless Routers...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Aug 26, 2014.

1. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I'd be getting off a lot easier than I expected.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

New twist....

Just stopped at my in laws. Won't find their wifi at all and its public. Any place that is residential won't pick up. However, I've been to 3 public places and its picking up and connecting without issue.

Help.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. Throw iPhone in the lake
    2.?????
    3. Profit

4. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Are they running at Wireless-N or Wireless-G? It can make a difference. Too be honest though, it sounds like your wifi card in your phone is bad or needs a firmware upgrade. If it connects to some spots, and not others, that usually means hardware issues. There is one more thing you can try to see if it works. Try and connect to the network manually, by typing the names of them in on your phone and not waiting for it to find them. I've seen some iPhone's have issues like yours, just not near as bad.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cycle the Wifi several times too. Turn it off, turn it on. Turn it off, turn it on. Then give the phone a hard reset with the wifi on.

Then see what happens.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I've cycled 5 times now. On the phone with Apple doing a system restore and if that doesn't work iPhone 6 is going back for a brand new phone.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I did that as well. Said it couldn't join the specified network.

8. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I'd take that bastage back then.