WNML / HH Practice Report (9/18, 7:30am)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 18, 2013.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I totally agree. I do think we will see another QB under center against South Alabama.

2. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Have you ever considered that this is simply a ploy so Florida won't know who the startiing quarterback will be? No way that they don't know now who will start. Get real folks! Sometimes people are just looking for reasons to start bashing a coaching staff.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You want me to get real? You think the coaches have been orchestrating all of the quarterback crap as part of a masterful plan of deception, and you want ME to get real?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think he just means thus week in regards to a starter not being named until warm UPS

5. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

I've been hoping that's what's really going on.

We'll know when we see, or don't see, Worley coming out onto the field.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no doubt that there is an element of gamesmanship to that, but I also have no doubt that if we had a starter-quality QB on our roster we wouldn't be doing it.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

So it's all smokescreeny and whatnot, huh?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

9. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

You are absolutely correct!

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think you're correct but I also think that this isn't the sign of a capable staff.

11. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Well. I think they wanted to start the season with the QB with the most experience and see if he could handle the job. Last week clearly showed that we have no chance against good teams with him starting. I don't see that as an indication of a poor staff and making bad decisions. If he continues to start, then I will agree completely with you.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Oh, it's a ploy? No shit.

And who are these "people" that are "bashing" the coaching staff, exactly?

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

the negavawls

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Again, who said that this was a "poor staff"? If anything, people have only chalked it up to their making a mistake.

Which it is.

If you couldn't tell that Worley wasn't going to be worth a shit before you saw him against Oregon, you're either blind or delusional. That 80% of random fans watching the game knew it, but this staff either didn't / refused to see it, is definitely a problem.

Jones should have given one of the other three - I don't necessarily even care which it was - some significant snaps against AP, and if not there, then definitely against WKU (you'll struggle to find a game better suited that that, where we jumped on a team with at least a functional defense, but that the outcome was never really in doubt), and absolutely against Oregon, when the game was well out of hand.....at halftime. I would say that some mop-up duty in Eugene would be a nice thing to have under your belt, before you're possibly called in to play against Florida in the Swamp, wouldn't you?

We are in a more difficult spot than we need to be right now, because we didn't properly prepare for how bad Worley would suck, and now we've got to make a change to one of three green guys, and who may be called on to come in amidst one of the most hostile environments in college football.

If you think that's most preferred to a couple of series against AP/WKU, or mop-up duty against Oregon.....I don't know what to say to you.

Jones wanted Worley to be less-than-mind-numbingly-bad, and he wasn't. Jones held out too long from doing something about it, and now, we are where we are, and it is what it is.

Not that hard to piece together.

15. JayVols

Quit bashing the staff.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

No sense for that at this point. smh

17. JayVols

Some people...