Wonder or Worry About Worley?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KenTenn, Jun 28, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I saw enough from Dobbs last year to know he's got a shot to be a decent quarterback. The only thing potentially getting in the way is the OL. I did see a VQ report that said Blair has noticeably lost some weight, which could be a good sign. Heard anything there?

Also have you heard anything that leads you to think they'll give Dobbs a fair shake to win the job or does Worley win the job by default? How short of a leash does Worley have?

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think he can get the job done.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't think Baja knows what he's doing, so no.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Blair is finally starting to get in football shape which is great and it's finally dawned on him that he has to work at this level. Dobbs deserves the job but for some reason the staff still feels more comfortable with a SR QB at the helm. I just hope it's not for recruiting reasons.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I agree. His footwork and throwing motion has gotten noticeably better.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It will be interesting to see what happens when the huddle begins to fracture from the staff over Worley at QB. It will happen if they continue to trot him out game after game.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

My feelings exactly.

8. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

I agree. Yet must point out some interesting things. It seems that Joshua is involved in a bit too many fumbled and bobbled ball events. Now, whether it's due to a misfiring center, small hands, using too much Jergen Original scent, or fingeritis, I have no idea. Maybe his thumb cramps periodically. But even in the spring game the event reappeared. He just recovered well and made the play a positive. You don't always get so lucky. I think he's overall a better QB than Worley but as has been pointed out, Worley takes better care of the ball. And that makes one heck of a difference.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

+1