Woody Allen is Alleged Pedophile - Hollywood Outraged

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 4, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

doesn't seem like a crime that would lend itself to a lot of evidence.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like more of a pandemic.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The prosecutor said it. What else would you want declaring the prosecution's belief there was probable cause? I didn't say those weren't considerations in 1992; I said it's handled differently. Prosecutors tended to decide to not prosecute as many of these because of the child victim and having to put them through a trial. I don't think mindset is nearly as prevalent. As for the evidence in this case, absolutely, all of the things you mentioned would be things to be considered. They may have determined the accusation to not be credible, but that's not what they said. And, I can tell you from experience that I wouldn't give much credence to what an "examiner" said. There's no way some psychologist can ascertain what happened, and I wouldn't really give two shits what one had to say. The ultimate thing is interviewing the alleged victim in an environment where he or she can't be persuaded by Mom or Dad. Analyze what was said, the specificity of the accusation. Compare what the victim says to you (the prosecutor) with what he/she has said in previous interviews. Is it consistent? Is their any medical proof? And, then what's the context of the situation with the victim and the accuser? That would take into account all of the things you just mentioned. Usually, doing all of the things will uncover if there is an obvious motive for the accusation.

As for Woody Allen, I don't know what kind of evidence they had. But, I know they did not say they weren't prosecuting due to lack of evidence.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gotcha. I don't think this is the slam dunk some media members have made it out to be, though. And it is relevant that the prosecutor was reprimanded for what he said.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Read the recent rebuttals and the synopsis of the custody trial. Allen was blistered and lost multiple suits regarding the issue. The POS was apparently in therapy addressing his inappropriate relationship with the girl.

She should be allowed, for therapy purposes, to beat the living shit out of him every day for the rest of her life.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Took your advice, am already reading some pretty disturbing (and damning) stuff. What is the statute of limitations on this?

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It wasn't as simple as he said, she said for certain. In fact, his only defense was he said, she said.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And what's the benefit today to Dylan putting herself through the public ordeal again? She has no upside here.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If this is actually about Allen, then I'm perfectly fine with putting his ass through the wringer. I was never a fan of his movies anyway. I certainly don't think this is a politically partisan issue, either.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

15 years in Tennessee on an A felony, which is what this would be in Tennessee.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. But she clearly is as affected today as she was allegedly then, if not more so. Maybe it doesn't make her feel any better to say nothing. Maybe she does it for the sake of any potential future victims.

Or maybe (maybe) she does it because she has a vindictive mother that has pushed and programmed her to do it.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hard to believe any mom would have a child go through this over a petty squabble.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh I can. Some people in this world are so self absorbed, they will do anything. Not saying this is the case, as I don't know these people from Adam. But people can be very petty, especially in divorce situations.

14. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

civil suit. hit em where it hurts. if he gets to be free, make him free and broke.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She did make it pretty clear that she thought the sun yi situation was child molestation, which of course it was, so I suppose it's possible she's trying to "right" that situation. I agree it's unlikely though.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

20 years removed with nothing to gain.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is, but one of the facts here is that the mother (Mia) never went to the police. Never. She went to a pediatrician after the couple was separated. If molestation occurred (and I am fairly convinced now that it did), the mother was either clueless for several months to years or in denial about it.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Unless she is so bitter that she wants to smear his name and what not. Just playing Devil's Advocate here. As I said before, what happened with Sun Yi is just sick and I doubt the guy is all there in the head.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain