Woody Allen is Alleged Pedophile - Hollywood Outraged

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just kidding!

Oh, he's definitely an alleged pedophile - the joke was the part where I said that Hollywood gave a shit.
    Maybe there'd be a bigger outcry from Hollywood if he were a Catholic Priest, instead. Or, if he was molesting kids in Darfur. Whiledriving an SUV? Smoking?

Then again, this is the same group who gave Roman Polanski an Oscar in 2002 - despite his being a convicted pedophile who has avoided a lengthy stay in a US prison for 30+ years, after absconding to France.

Link: http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2...t-woody-allen/

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If they weren't human waste, they'd tar and feather Woody and Mia.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Reminds me of the scene in the Godfather (was edited out in the theatrical release but is in the book of course) of Waltz and the little girl he kept in his house.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Is there any real evidence yet?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What a ridiculous question. Who cares about evidence? Hang 'em!

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Victim testimony doesn't count?

7. NorrisAlan

He said/she said. Not really evidence.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Really? The accusation is the evidence?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There isn't going to be any physical evidence.

10. Tenacious D

I'd love to see LA County / NYPD work to collect some evidence, and to give the man his day in court.

All for it.

If his name was Woody Johnson, or maybe Father Allen, I'd say we'd be well beyond that stage, already. But, he's such an iconic legend of the silver screen, what's a little alleged pedophilia amongst friends, really?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You act like Ten is suggesting the death penalty.

12. Tenacious D

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Nice father daughter moment.... Oh wait; WTF....

[​IMG]

14. NorrisAlan

But don't you agree that accusation is not evidence? I could accuse you of anything.

Evidence would be either other testimony (unlikely in this case unless some other girl comes out) or physical evidence (again, due to the time involved, doubt there will be any).

So here we are. We could go on stereotyping: He is an actor, so it is normal for them to act this way, no? Hell, he left his wife to be with her adopted daughter [This is bizarre behavior and could raise flags in this]? But again, this is all speculation and not evidence.

My own personal opinion is that the man is probably damaged and I wouldn't let my children near him. It is an uninformed opinion and pure speculation, but looking at his movies and his life style, not sure I would trust him.

15. Tenacious D

I'm just cra-a-a-a-zy enough to think that perhaps some investigation is required in any claim of sexual abuse. Even for beloved members of Hollywood, quirky comedic talent and all.

But the complete lack of Hollywood's seeming to give a single shit about even the accusation is wholly unsurprising. I'm sure that even if Woody did commit these acts, that he's really, really sorry about it, has learned his lesson and will use far greater discretion when next choosing to sexually torture a minor child. Allegedly. Scouts honor.

And....scene.

16. Tenacious D

All good and fair points, NA, as always.

Quick question: if you, a perfectly sensible and loving father, wouldn't allow your children around him....shouldn't all children be afforded the same protection?

And what about poor ol' Woody - surely the man has a right to defend himself against these allegations, doesn't he?

(By the way - I agree with your assessment on his perceived character)

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It is more than enough evidence to warrant investigation.

18. NorrisAlan

Who is going to afford all children this protection (ie. not letting them near him)? The state? Not while I am alive. His friends and relatives? That is where it would have to start. Because until he is charged and prosecuted for sexual misconduct, there is not protection warranted, unless the children's guardians so desired.

And Allen has nothing to defend himself against until charged. It is all just hear-say and tabloid fodder until then.

I hate that I sound like I am defending him, but if anything the Duke Lacrosse incident has shown us, is that we have to tread very, very carefully in these waters.

19. NorrisAlan

Absolutely, at least a cursory look. I just don't agree that one accusation is evidence. Me arguing semantics, most likely, but the prosecution would have to bring a hell of a lot more than one person's testimony to get a trial.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

KidB provides false rape statistics in 3... 2...