World Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why does this bother you so much? I agree with Sportcenter.

Kawhi saying he wants out of SA and favors the Lakers hints at LeBron potentially joining the Lakers next season. That’s a significantly bigger story in the US than Ronaldo scoring a hat trick in an early stages World Cup match, especially when said World Cup is in Russia and doesn’t include the US.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world. I'll give a shit about NBA free agency when something really happens. As it is, the, arguably, best player in the world scored a hat trick against a Cup favorite in an actual sporting event. The sporting event of the summer.

And, let's be completely real here. Why was Leonard the #1 story? Because the World Cup is on Fox. If this happened in 2014, Ian Darke is on the show in the first 30 seconds.

So, yes, [uck fay] them.

MaconVol, Tenacious D and tvolsfan like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Meh. World Cup is biggest in other countries, not here. And the US isn’t playing. I’m not saying it’s not a big event. I’m just saying that a ton of Americans don’t really care that much about a US-less WC that’s on TV at weird times.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

This group is still wide open. Morocco can attack and Iran will park the bus. Portugal are apt to drop a game against a vastly inferior team

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

And they care about an offseason trade? Most people don't give a damn about basketball anyway.

NorrisAlan and tvolsfan like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Go away

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Thank you.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sexy Giroud is going to get an 89th min header to win.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

France drew with the USA in their warm up game and are barely beating Australia.

Not what I expected from them.

10. NorrisAlan

Fox's coverage outside of the game sucks nuts. I was afraid it would be this bad. ESPN's coverage in Brazil was next level.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many cups has he won? What's his world cup record?

Indy likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

not a great story, but maybe 15 or so years ago one sunday, when World Cup wasn't followed as much or as accessible, a friend called bored and said lets go grab a couple beers and throw some darts or something. So we head to Demombreun area of Nashville, which is basically dead at that time at 1 pm. As we get closer to the door of the bar, we notice something going on, opened the door and it was jack packed with mainly international people wearing their countries jerseys and acting like they were there. Emotional, yelling, singing. It was nuts. Had a blast, ordered jerseys and watched most of the Cup down there.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeah, they kinda do.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah man there are sooo many people who would give a shit about where Kawhi Leonard lands if ESPN didn't tell them to.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    tvolsfan likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm pulling for Argentina to win it all. Messi is amazing.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I know its not ideal, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to move Messi into the advanced mid role and put Dybala out wide.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People (Americans) care about LeBron and people care about the Lakers.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You think ESPN is knowingly reporting stuff no one cares about? That’s not how these things work.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think the Lebron factor plays a part. Personally haven't watched SC in years.

If I were to tune in, I would rather see WC coverage and I'm not a die hard so I can understand the anger.

20. NorrisAlan

Don't care. Soccer talk not nba talk.

The Dooz likes this.