Worst Butch Cliche/Gimmick

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Sep 5, 2017.

?

Worst Butch Gimmick or Cliche?

1. Volympics

8.3%
  2. Trash Can

36.1%
  3. Team #_____

13.9%
  4. Champions of Life

63.9%
  5. 5 Star Hearts

41.7%
  6. Brick by Brick

13.9%
  7. 1st Down Chant

11.1%
  8. 3rd Down for What?!?

13.9%
  9. Run the Field for the 4th Quarter

25.0%
  10. Any other one since I only have 10 spots to fill for this poll.

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

"Yes, I'll take the Tennessee job"

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Welcome back, I would like to also vote for this

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't he also do some deal where bricks were hidden across the state or something like that? Pretty minor by comparison, but just remembered that.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I had to go with the trash can because of it's universal capability of stupidity. One, it's not an off the cuff brain fart or moment of idiocy like some of his statements. Two, it's incredibly gimmicky and stupid. And, third, unlike most of these contenders, it's front and center for the entire game. It's not only that fans see it or the local media reports on it, but the trash can was prominent from the first quarter until the end because ESPN kept showing it and they had the poor assistant run up and down the sidelines with it, as if he were Sidney Crosby after this year's Game 6. To me, it's ubiquity and visibility carry it across the line as the victor here.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If that happens, I may have to take matters into my own hands...

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I voted 3rd Down for What because it made me watch old people get down to Lil John. It also represented an institute of higher learning and athletic achievement glorifying getting ****ed up and staying ****ed up, as encouraged by a guy with only gold teeth who has no apparent connection to the University of Tennessee other than the fact that they played his song when the Thrashers left Atlanta, leaving him without a team. Oh, and making "Turn" into "Third" isn't really that clever, and "Third down for what?" doesn't really make any sense.

So with any luck, Butch will bring it back.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. this is it

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It's a stinging (no pun intended...) indictment of the program that we could be having this discussion and even worse, that there are an easy 10 options to choose from...

10. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I know there were only 10 placeholders for options... (I voted Champions of Life, btw.... was tempted on 5-star hearts)...

Thought I'd throw out there the "Fist Up" thing that never took hold.

That was pretty ghey.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I got yo back!!!!

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I actually don't mind the trash can. If I were a player on defense, getting to dunk the ball would seem like an entertaining tradition to me. I have a hard time imagining an issue with it if Jones weren't a human trash can himself.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Trash can itself doesn't bother me. It's the team 121 and manager walking around with said trash can that does. Put some walk on holding a plain trash can up when a guy gets one, and I'd just shake my head. It's too.....corporate and deliberate now.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What do you have to do to get put on can duty, anyway? That poor sum[itch bay] had to be aching after one of Tech's 14 minute drives. That's definitely a job for somebody on the back pocket list.

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

His wannabe hurry up/multiple/spread/option read/no option read/run sideline to sideline/i don't know what else to call it offense.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Braille option count?

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I voted Champions of Life because it best fit referring to Champions of: Battle at Bristol, Taxslayer Bowl...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Seems we have a clear winner.

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I deduct twenty VFL points from each of your Volympic scores for such meanness.

Seriously though, the worst is the VOL hand sign he made up, which looks completely and totally idiotic. Seeing fans use it has almost caused me to quit the fanbase.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, that's terrible.