Yay: Tennessee to legalize switchblades (possibly)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Mar 12, 2013.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

2. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I didn't know they still made those.

3. fl0at_

The preferred term is "automatic knife." And it just means a knife that opens at a push of a button.

Benchmade makes a ton, but they suck at life, and bought the company that makes my favorite one, and so now I can't find it anywhere. It was a hidden switch, you had to push on the scale to open the blade.

Benchmade puts a big ass button on the handle that says: "I'm an automatic knife."

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

"...for 43 dollars my friend lost his life..."

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Greasers and Soches are happy

6. fl0at_

And in order to survive we must move with the times. Time for country boys to rise up, throw away those old Case folders, and get an automatic knife. And drive the prices down. And petition Benchmade to re-make the Lobo.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I thought we were supposed to buy 45s instead? And shoot our enemies?

8. fl0at_

That's only if you chew beachnut. The gentleman country boy will still enjoy the assassins of old elegance of the blade. If and only if it is automatic. These are dangerous times.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ah. Only Levi Garrett for me.

Classy.

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

Here's a story of a guy and his knife.

This guy was a pretty big man, and he liked to talk about how great he was. And he liked to run over anyone he could. When he'd go by in his vehicle, some would say they knew it was him because they could smell BS and gunpowder before he even passed by.

I'm not sure how this worked, but he had worked on his knife blade and made some kind of notch in the blade so that he could pull the knife out of his pocket and hook the notch on his pocket and open the blade on the way out. So he could come out of his pocket with a knife ready to cut. He liked to demonstrate his quick knife abilities.

Then this one time, he missed his pocket someway and cut a pretty good gash in his belly, from his belt line up across towards the middle of his gut. That put an end to his quick knife drawing career.

11. fl0at_

Just another example of a preventable tragedy that could have been avoided by making automatic knives legal. And maybe also sterilization.

12. MWR

MWR Contributor

But this was a good thing. To hear a lot of people tell it, anyway.

13. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Oh hell, an assault knife....bring in the feds.

14. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Benchmade knives were the end of year drivel that we spent the Army's "Oh my God, it's September, you boys go order all kinds of shit and spend this money" shopping spree money on ... I have a about 6 of those "big ass button" knives. We ordered Gerber Applegates one year but they're big as hell so not very practical for a pocket version of a knife.

15. fl0at_

You didn't by chance get a Scorch did, you?

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Not in the Army but I just bought my dad one for his birthday. It's a very cool knife and I love the opening mechanism. I bought him the "reverse tanto" because neither he nor I are a big fan of serrated edges on our knives. Do you have one? I love the size of the knife and the action on the auto open is sick. I carry a SOG Trident. It's actually an auto assist but the assist works really well so you basically just have to make the motion to open it and the blade flies out like any other auto knife.

17. fl0at_

No. Since I can't find a Lone Wolf Lobo, since benchmade bought them, if I get an auto, I'm looking at the Scorch code 3.

I'm very limited in scale release knives, and the Scorch at least doesn't look terribly bulky.

18. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Remember the switch blade combs?

19. fl0at_

Welp, this is dead. House wouldn't bring it through.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Do you know why?

Va has some goofy bladed weapon laws