Yes people kill people, but do we really need easy access

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

so basically you want to disarm innocent civilians while nutcases will always find a way to get their hands on these weapons. sounds pretty logical

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

24?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no shades of gray huh? either you are for it or against it.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Im sure Dr Oski would think I am a lunatic for having firearms of various sorts in my home.

:)

5. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

We have them laying around loaded........................ and all my kids know how to shoot..................................!

6. OrangeEmpire

No, apparently 5 to 10 is acceptable?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's ironic to me that the same people who rightfully tell me the govt is too stupid to run anything think that somehow we'll be safe as long as people go through a govt' permitting process.

8. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

That's right protection or sheep to slaughter? which one are you???

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's a better number. my argument is why make it easy? I've said it 50 times and no one seems to get it.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

well Iwould rather sucombe to some rules as to be in a total ban...

11. OrangeEmpire

10 million years from now, only my ak 47s will be around, locked, cocked and ready to rock. :)

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Gun laws are, in my opinion, just a poor answer. Mass killing grab headlines, but far most shooting deaths are one person killing another person. This would still be accomplished with knives, which also constitute a large number of deaths in this country per year.

Now, how many more people per year than the poor 26 killed today would be killed each year if gun laws were enacted? Of course, that is impossible to answer, but would the number of home invasions go up? Would the number of carjackings go up? Would armed robbery (with a knife if no gun was available, but also with illegal firearms) go up?

Again, hard to say, but these are the things that would have to be taken into account. Otherwise, making gun laws would just be Statistical Murder.

My opinion on the matter.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You are talking out of both sides of your ass, dro.

If you want to say no assault rifles, ok. But when it is brought up that even a modern handgun can and has done as much short range damage, if you then want to ban that... You are against firearms. At least modern, working firearms.

Show your gray zone. Show me a make and model weapon you support. I [dadgum] guarantee you that it is a small ass "zone."

14. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Our founding fathers put it #2 for some reason!

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's your right. Personally I don't see how preaching gun safety solves these issues. solves some kid accidently doing something, but not doing something on purpose. Personally I'd be terrified of one of my kids having easy access to a way to off themselves, but i've had a lot experience with teen suicide.

16. OrangeEmpire

The disconnect is your are throwing out buzz phrases about gun control.

Be specific, specifically talk about your goal.

You want gun control specifically to elimnate/limit mass casualties, how do you accomplish this on a national level

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

given the variety of guns out there you are probably correct.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The permit doesn't teach them to shoot. It allows them to carry without facing reprocussions.

There is nothing ironic about it.

19. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Nice...... I did not buy the poorman's james bond pbooks for nothing.. trial and error but survival of the fittist!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  20. OrangeEmpire

Its as if he is arguing pre 1898 limits mass killings some how?

I dunno