Yet Another Shooting on a Campus

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 1, 2015.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yes, sometimes the Officer of the Day is allowed a sidearm, or whomever is holding down the armory for the night, or security rounds for a movement.

The general population in a military base is not allowed to be armed by Federal law.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you find an example of a place where everyone is armed and there are no shootings?

4. fl0at_

Soon as you find me a place where everyone is armed, sure.

5. fl0at_

How does whether the non uniformed officer has training or not, in any way, determine whether it makes it difficult to the responding LE or not?

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Jesus, IP, I almost feel bad for you with as many guys fighing you on this.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't. I should just learn to keep my mouth shut.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because they know to immediately identify themselves, how to present themselves, any number of inside lingo/jargon that would cause the officer to realize they are in fact LE.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder why we can't find a place like that. A lot of people in "idiot mode" I guess.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It would get boring around here if everyone kept their mouths shut.

11. fl0at_

Wow. Our LEOs sure are stupid. If you want to get away with a shooting, just tell them you're a LEO, and that's it. They probably won't even cuff you.

And double wow. All those armed Feds out there, US Marshall's, FBI, DEA, sure know the lingo of the local law enforcement agency that is making the hit. They must spend a hell of a lot of time cross training with Insert Local Community College Police Force's name.

I'm sure there is no way any mere mortal could identify themselves as a non-hostile. Ya know, like acting in a non-hostile manner.

12. fl0at_

Right. You asked a generally and purposely vague question as if it is was supposed to be intelligent, and are surprised by the response? You must be drunk, today, too.

I can name any number of millions of100% armed locations, right now, without shots being fired, today. And you'll just say "I mean in general."

And the fact is that there are no 100% armed places, in general, so your question is not only flawed, but dumb.

But I'll play. My house. Your house. My neighbours house. My father in law's house. My fathers. And 200 million gun owners homes in the US. Your turn. Explain about the "generality," of where people's homes are sometimes robbed, or where people go to purposely kill another. Or that that one crazy ******* killed his mom, in her house. No shit.

What's the purpose of your question, again? Because if it is to show that hard targets don't have a far far smaller likelihood of being hit, with a reduction in loss of life and injury AS COMPARED TO soft targets, you are still failing.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Stop being an idiot. I have the right to defend myself, regardless of rule makers. Should that require a gun, I absolutely have right to a gun.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You act like the police never shoot anyone they aren't supposed to. There's a thread on that.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your unwillingness to accept or comprehend a point or position is not my failure. You listed 200 million gun owners homes in the US. You honestly believe there hasn't ever been a shooting there? That can't be true. You surely know that isn't true. I mean, you indicate that you know you just said something that isn't true by predicting I would explain it not to be true. So what was the purpose of THAT? To waive your hands and pretend like you're not wrong when you know you are?

My point is that adding more guns into the mix does not solve these shooting problems. Yet that is precisely the rhetoric-- "see? Need MORE guns! Bet those people wish they had guns!"

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

We should just drop crates of guns over troubled areas. Pieces for Peace!

17. fl0at_

No, I'm saying that within the confines of your logic, there is no right answer. It isn't possible. I'm just pointing out the stupidity of your question.

Nobody, anywhere has offered a viable solution, I'm keeping with American freedoms.

The more guns response is a response that recognizes there is no 100%, end all solution, and instead offers a means by which the damage can be reduced, as well as the frequency.

18. fl0at_

We do. We call them "cops."

19. fl0at_

And you act like giving everyone the HPV vax will turn them into sluts and whores.

I'm sorry, I mean giving everyone the ability to carry a gun means they all will, and will use it, all the time.

Even though the military spends millions teaching people to shoot, it turns out, all they have to do is put them I a theater or a McDonalds, and then they'll turn into shoot first killers.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did we do that in Mexico