All Things Kenlucky / Dooley Sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Alright, yesterday I was operating in the world of should, today is the world of is. In the world of should, a UT coach that loses to Kentucky would be fired in the locker room and the players told to shape up or get the [uck fay] out, go play at a thug school like North Alabama where you and everyone else doesn't give a shit.

In the world of is, Dooley's not getting fired since we'd have to pay him a lot of money and we still owe Fulmer, if my memory serves me correct. So, that said, let's look at what can be done realistically. Coaching staff changes are priority number one. I want Hiestand gone. He's my #1. There's too much talent on that line to look pussified the way it does. If we can't run on [uck fay]ing Montana and MTSU, then we have a garbage OL Coach. If I have to see another spread offense and pass on a third and 2, I'm going to punch someone. Next, Chaney. See a lot of the comments on Hiestand.

A third guy is Joseph. Why we have a former baseball player as a coach on this level is beyond me. Plus, we have former UT DBs questioning his technique in addition to any decent passing offense having a field day throwing the ball on us.

In fact, at this point, the only coaches I like are Baggett, Wilcox, Sirmon and Thompson. The rest can come or go, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You know you're my boy and all Beech, but methinks you are a bit too optimistic on this prediction. KY will more than likely have a real QB next year. Not good for us....

3. JayVols

Can't argue with this too much. All I would add is that I sure as shit wish that we lived in the world of should rather than is. I would prefer to never see good ole Derek in Tennessee orange ever again...

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I like our chances. We'll have the revenge factor working in our favor, along with 70,000 hostile fans rockin' Neyland. May even be playing for bowl eligibility, which could give us even more incentive.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

True. But you can't tell me these wouldn't be Big wins.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You mean make-up a song, bang on the ceiling, Vanderbilt types of wins?

7. JayVols

At this point (I'm going to break out a word that is very popular and overused by today's youngsters- but would be appropriate) a win against KY with a real QB would be EPIC....

8. JayVols

JT you are an optimist for sure. The only way there's 70,000 in Neyland under those circumstances is if 25-30,000 are wearing blue and talking shit about their streak of 1....

Guys, I have never felt this down about UT football. Even in his worst year Phat Phil still beat KY. I am now of the opinion that our current momma's boy HC couldn't beat his meat.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am sure Dooley can beat his meat sometimes, but it is probably also a losing record.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Now that I have had the mind cleansing sleep of about four hours and almost 24 hours to reflect on the KY loss, one thought I had was hell the streak had to end some time. Is it not unrealistic to expect it to continue indefinitely?

Don't give a flying [uck fay] what is realistic, fire the whole sorry bunch, and don't be slow.

11. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

anyone thinking dooley is going to be gone after two years is on crack. simply not going to happen. dooley did say in the post game presser that it starts with the coaches and goes down. i'm not pro or con dooley, next year is when I'll make up my mind. how many of ya'll agreed when dooley said when he first took the job that the first year is like year 0 due to the situation? then year 2 would be like a year 1 for any other coach? there were people who agreed with this. considering that UT didn't have a complete roster last year didn't help matters. not making excuses, but that's fact. I believe some coaching changes need to be made. regardless, if there isn't significant improvement next year then dooley should be given his notice.

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

let me be clear, i agree with everyone that yesterday was a bad loss

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

None of this gives him a pass for some of the bullshit we've seen in his tenure. Not quite calling for his head yet, but I will help him pack if Hart lets him go.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

what is the BS? other than the oline coach needing to be shown the door

15. JayVols

Testify, rb!

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

13 on the field against LSU, losing to the worst KY team I've seen in my short lifetime, the way he does(not) take credit for any kind of loss until called out on it, and just how we have looked so unprepared at times.

He has recruited well so far. That's all I've got.

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

who called him out yest? he basically said the whole season is a reflection from the top down(if i remember correctly). seems like the growing pains are almost to much to bear

18. JayVols

I was of this mindset until we were outcoached by Vandy and KY who by the way was the worst KY team in my 40 years of living and was playing a [uck fay]ING WR AT QB. This was beyond ugly. The last half of the season was inexcusable even with the adversity. It was like once Hunter went
    down then Bray, the coaches went into a shell and started with excuse after excuse. Any sane person didn' t expect to set the world on fire this year especially after the injuries. At the same time only the blind Dooley worshipers don't see that the coaching was an unmitigated disaster from a scheme, execution, motivation, and improvement standpoint. When players see coaches making excuses, you're living in a dream world if you don't think that effects the team's psyche.

Snake, you're a smart guy. I respect your opinion. I agree that CDD will be back next year. I don't have to be happy about that. I want a coach that sees adversity as an opportunity not an excuse. Dooley has more excuses than Carter's got liver pills. Excuses are for losers. Winners rise up and work harder in the face of overwhelming adversity. Winners don't point fingers. They STFU and go to work. Dooley did none of these things that winners do. He passed the buck in an attempt to save his own ass. In doing so, he has lost tons of respect. Can he win it back? Sure, but it isn't going to be easy. The way he has handled this season has turned this difficult situation into a Herculean task. For the sake of our program, I hope he succeeds, but I have zero confidence that he is up to the monumental task. If I am wrong, I will gladly come back and eat crow.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Growing pains come from growth. The team that played yesterday would lose soundly to the one that started the 2010 season.

20. JayVols

Snake, I respectfully ask you to show me growth this year. I haven't seen any. I know about growing pains. Been there myself. I can handle them as long as there is some actual growth.