Georgia State Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Aug 31, 2019.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Perhaps waiting until two days before the season to switch a guy from #4 on the RB depth chart to #1 on the LB depth chart wasn’t the smartest way to handle defensive prep.

utvol0427, lylsmorr and NYY like this.
  2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Both.

3. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

wow

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm still astonished at the complete lack of intensity. Ben Stein as the science teacher in Ferris Bueller could've motivated them to be excited to play a home opener better than this crew did.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dont know if he started but he got several snaps.

He likes to hit people but had a hard time figuring out who he was supposed to hit today.

6. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Sometimes you just gotta throw it up and let players make plays.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We take a sack there and game over because he "wasnt open"

8. Beechervol

Or pre snap we decide who we re throwing it to and hes quadruple covered with safety help.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Accurate except safety help. We dont throw it deep enough for their safeties to get to it

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Definitely confusion on defense. We seemed to have guys running on/off field right at snap on too many plays - including very crucial plays, i.e. 3rd downs. That is pitiful coaching/organization.

But I am astonished at how we were just pushed off the line continuously. I mean they basically manhandled us up front. A Sunbelt team. Pushed Tennessee around at will.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I was wrong thinking Friend was even an average coach. He and Rocker haven't produced a damn thing here

12. RevBubbaFlavel

The last two games have been 2 of the worst losses in this program's history.
    I was hoping the Vandy game last year was an aberration, but it is clear it was not. A lot of similarities - especially in effort given.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I understand keeping guys fresh. But the patterns don’t have any rhyme or reason. And the Money package is putting us in some binds getting personnel on and off.

It honestly appeared to me that we weren’t prepared for anything they were doing. I’m not sure if that’s lack of film study or GSU came out and redefined their offense. But some of the fixes were simple... a below average high school coordinator like myself could have fixed.

I think at the end of the day the staff was unsure about personnel up until game time... and didn’t prepare this team well enough. That’s either overlooking or negligence of duty.

Both are terrible.

Memtownvol and RevBubbaFlavel like this.
  14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Dudes have no interest, no fight, no pride.

Take the [uck fay]ing give my all sign out of the locker room. They don’t deserve to touch it.

utvol0427 and YankeeVol like this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Pruitt just said last week that they have spent time in putting “other things” in for future opponents, beyond Georgia State.

Good thing.

Memtownvol and NYY like this.
  16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Here is one more Ga St thought:

There isn't a single player on Ga St's roster that wouldn't be at Tennessee had they been offered a scholarship, yet they rolled us on our home field and, if we played 4 more quarters tomorrow, would do it again.

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

We have an excellent kick off cover team! That’s a plus!

18. Beechervol

I took into consideration that they would be within 10 yards of the LOS for that reason.

19. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Were pruitt and ansley creating too much confusion? Does pruitt need to micromanage less?

Memtownvol and NYY like this.
  20. RevBubbaFlavel

Yep. It wasn't a fluke. It wasn't even a tight game. They were more physical, more sound, better coached, etc. They beat us 8,9, even 10 out of 10 times we play.