Georgia State Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Aug 31, 2019.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3) would not have needed 3rd and 1 if JG wasn't such a big [ussy pay] and slid early.

utvol0427, Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Imagine if we hadn’t forced that 4th quarter fumble on that drive where they were inside our 20.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

How did we win games last year?

I mean what changes over the offseason to go from bottling up Benny Snell to putting two DEs on the same side? I know we lost a ton of experience on the DL, but holy shit.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Oh the irony...

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's like he is playing a part, rather than just doing what must be done.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Was that sab's work?

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My thoughts in summary.

FB_IMG_1567321650818.jpg

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It might be never

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Might be next year. Pruitt won’t be here much longer.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Either beat UF/Bama/Georgia or find a way to 7-5. Both are unlikely, but I think both would earn at least temporary forgiveness (and deservedly so). Finish somewhere between 4-8 and 6-6 and we’re going into next season just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I woke up disgusted this morning... True disgust... I can't believe that shit was put on the field yesterday.

If you're Fulmer, demote his ass to DC today and install yourself as Interim... I promise you I won't complain.

Also...y'all can blame me to an extent... I hung a UT house flag out for the first time in 5 years yesterday because I had a bit of hope.... Shame on me for being somewhat optimistic about this year.

vols85, PilotFlyingJ and TimRoo like this.
  12. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Not only am I behind that as likely the only option at this point, it's pretty savvy since you either 1) get one of the top DCs in the country or 2) make him quit and eliminate the buyout.

Then let Phil pass Neyland so he can remove the Curse of the Great Pumpkin™ and we can all get on with our lives.

vols85 and reVOLt like this.
  13. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

This is my hope...so..it won't happen

TimRoo likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Jmo but I think OC comes in 3 years ago, sees a good practice player in JG, then cant believe what he sees during games.
    New oc does same last year, pruitts first year.
    Another new OC sees the same thing. An OC who has coached up qbs for 3 decades and coaches up young Fromm, with less arm, to hang with Bama and OK. all of a sudden doesnt go downfield 15 yards during the game?, even though wrs are wide ass open 30 yards deep.

I believe they are shocked and it takes balls to pull the plug, especially with an OL situation. Lets see if they do.
    Usually risk of splitting a locker room but who gives af

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  15. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Yesterday may have been JGs worst game as a Vol. But just days ago Pruitt claimed the only thing he knew was JG was the starting QB. Pull him now and what does the team think ? I’m with you, maybe we need some new blood slinging the ball, but a divided locker room will be the least of our worries if he pulls that trigger. It could be catastrophic.

16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Pretty sure we have enough evidence on JG at this point...tough kid but can't play a damn....time to move on

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Like, worse than losing your season opening to a 9 year old irrelevant football team?

MaconVol and **TDCVOL** like this.
  18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I knew that was coming. Just saying there might not be an upside.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You may have it, right here.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know this: if you won't throw downfield, it is going to be hard to consistently convert short yardage downs. That's in theory and observed.