Georgia State Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Aug 31, 2019.

1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

We watching the same team?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

OL gave JG time to throw on the vast majority of his passing attempts.
    Corner blitz from 20 yards away or not stepping up in pocket or sliding isnt on OL

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

There were plenty of times with terrible blocking.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep. Gray and Chandler averaged 4 or 5 yards a carry. The pass protection wasn't great, but it was good enough.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There was one huge bust by Morris while he was at OG, which is tolerable since he's a true freshman, practiced at LT since spring, then was suddenly at LG for no real reason.

JG had time. JG doesn't move around in the pocket. JG only looks at one receiver. JG is a 80 to 90% of the offense's problem. He continually missed open receivers, checking down for 1 yard gains and just being completely unaware of the game.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Let's face it, who else was shocked he saw Wood-Anderson wide open on the big play in the 3rd?

Poppa T and Memtownvol like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Line will never be mistake free, but if your QB has time on 37 of 40 passes, its plenty good enough.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I thought the line played decent.

Especially when the defense was respecting our ability to pass.

Once they realized that JG was still JG and overloaded the box it didn’t matter.

I did think we threw away a few series on offense with the play calling because we didn’t respect them and thought it was a forgone conclusion that we were going to win.

Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  10. CardinalVol

All I can come up with was that was his first read and we got lucky.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep.

12. CardinalVol

On the score that we went up 14-7, I actually bragged on the line because that's the first time in recent memory I can remember sealing the end and getting outside.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah that was an absolute clinic play on how to run OZ

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We are cross training the shit out of our guys. When we line up against Bama and all of a sudden we flip JG to left tackle, Wanya to center, and put Riley Johnson at QB, throwing deep to our WR Trey Smith, they are going to shit their pants.

lol vol likes this.
  15. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I'm not just talking pass blocking. The run blocking wasn't all that great either.

It was Georgia [uck fay]ing State. It's going to be UGLY in SEC play if these boys can't do better against weaker competition.