Guns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, Feb 16, 2018.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As I understand it the first person to confront the shooter was the faux security guard with nothing to protect himself and students other than his physical size. A better trained and armed individual would be where I would start.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As with all successful political negotiation there must be compromise. I give you an assault rifle ban and you give me good guys with guns.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I believe we start with treating schools more like military installations or even prisons. One or two gates to get in or out. Armed security at those gates. Panic buttons that electronicall lock security doors in every room. Take these threats like they are real, every time. Everyone that met this [uck fay]er knew he was crazy. Let's call people what they are, this [penis] was batshit crazy, treat him as such. If a person makes threats like these, lock them up, throw away the key for all I care.

Common sense gun control is complete bullshit. It's either, California or Chicago, or the wild west at this point with people. A person who will kill dozens of kids can care less if the gun they use to kill people with is legal or not. Make AR15s illeal right not, there will still be God only knows how many in this world. And crazy [itch bay]es are still going to use them to kill people.

woodshed and TangoUniform like this.
  4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I guess I was just wondering about the scope of "good guys".

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's best when you're sitting down.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I need to learn not to have a mouth full of food when reading this board. Now I have a mess on my keyboard and screen.

7. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Unfortunately this is likely to happen but I doubt it will under the Trump administration. This will be a hot topic on the next election.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ok. But I’ll run out of definitions for “good guys” before you run out of things to ban.

We aren’t starting on level footing.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It doesn't sound like they could have done more to make the school a software target than if they were trying to.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ignoring our lax approach to people who have no business with independence is simply ignoring the problem.

lylsmorr likes this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Politicizing the shooting by the liberal media is BS. All the news clips of this woman show her saying "President Trump, you say what can you do. You can stop the guns from getting into these childrens hands".

Take a look at what she said Live (she offered more suggestions than just guns):

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We have, at our school, two resource police officers that are there every day. Arming teacher, in my opinion, is not desirable nor worth its supposed benefits. I see so many potential issues with teachers carrying or having guns in their classroom. Security measures were enhanced notably after Sandy Hook and will probably have to be revisited .

Ultimately, I do think there are some things that need to be done in regards to availability of guns and whatnot, but the main issues, to me, are how we deal with mental health problems and our fetishizing of guns and violence. That's not saying we need to go the route of Britain and Australia (Especially since it's not remotely possible to do so), but our attitude towards guns certainly is unhealthy.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I don't think metal detectors at schools is a federal issue.

warhammer likes this.
  15. fl0at_

You don’t have teachers who are reserve police officers? EMTs? Firefighters?

You don’t trust those people?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Arming teachers is one is the most ridiculous ideas I’ve seen.

One fully trained LEO at every school when students are present

17. fl0at_

Why?

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why. Mass Shootings aren't increasing. All violence is at all times lows. Crimes with a gun used have plummeted , and the Homicide has dropped too.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not the I’m against it but it isn’t a good solution

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see why a few teachers couldn't be selected for training. It'd be lower cost and just as effective.