It's Happening Again.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, May 25, 2013.

1. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Dream Job = $3.085MM per year
    We're just hoping in December, we can say he earned it.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sums it up pretty well.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

True.

Somebody needs to post Saban's record at MSU and explain how that means Dooley is destined for success.

4. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Yeah, with all the build in advantages he had going into recruiting with the great success the program has had over the past few years, I don't see how anyone could do worse than a top 5 recruiting class.

5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Butch has did some fantastic things on the recruiting trail, as Groves and others have alluded to in this thread. However, it would be crazy to ignore the built in advantages that he had going into recruiting for this class. There are some years in recruiting when you are just lucky to have a bunch of kids who are just eager to go to a school. That has been the case for Tennessee with this class. I don't want to take away anything from what Jones has done so far, but anyone that wasn't a corpse or [ddiapos] could have landed some of these kids.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Let the young ens have their optimism. Whatever makes em feel better. ..

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

UT athletic facilities take a back seat to no one. Potential to play in front of huge television audiences takes a back seat to no one. Program tradition takes a back seat to only a few. We have a lot of built in resiliency that a Colorado, Michigan State, Georgia Tech or Syracuse doesn't have.

Butch has done his job so far. And I'm pleasantly surprised.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What makes these things better at UT than at Bama, or Florida, or Georgia, or LSU? What about Texas, or SC, Ohio St, or Michigan? They all have big, expensive buildings, strong traditions, and TV air time, too.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Back seat to no one means "as good as anyone."

10. cotton

1. Maybe; I haven't seen everyone's, but I know that our housing for athletes is not very good.

2. Having one aspect of our program as good as anyone's obviously isn't enough to keep them from continually kicking our ass.

I agree with your assessment that Butch seems to be doing his job, and I understand that your intent was not to join the familiar chorus of entitlement that rings the message that UT will win because of buildings and tradition and Peyton and Rocky Top. I did feel the need to point out that these things alone will not result in turning around the program. The schools we compete against have all of these things too, and they are currently doing a much better job with them.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I didn't know #1 actually. I still think that a good coach (who hasn't pressed the cruise control button) should be able to pull annual top 10 classes to UT. Maybe I'm naive.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Gibbs is supposed to be updated to an apartment-style dorm in the near future.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hubbs said the incoming freshmen aren't even moving into Gibbs.

14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I thought this was some big news that went largely unnoticed this week.

15. cotton

I did not know this had been finalized.

I do know that Hart put it as a priority over improvements in other areas when he arrived. That is at least part of the reason that further stadium renovations have been tabled.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they're beginning demo over Christmas

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

But where will the rats live now? Presidential I guess, maybe the basement of McLung.

18. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Jones has done what he's supposed to do, up to this point.

Now, the real question is, will it all work or not?? We shall see.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm all about getting pumped up for a new season, but I can't lie to myself and believe we are doing anything more than making a bowl game by the skin of our balls, and MAYBE have one upset against a decent team. I'm not holding my breath though, plus I bought a case of Jim Beam and a 12 pack of Coke.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Please refer to my post. This is mostly horse shit.