Obamacare

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Jun 28, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I realize the difference between state and federal aspects on the issue, but how in the world can Romney justify killing his own plan? I don't see how anyone could support someone that thinks their crowning achievement as governor is now an abomination.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

It al has to be those differences between state and federal issues.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

So, where is the money coming from to fund the expanded medicare coverage is there's not tax associated with this? So far, the only tax/penalty I'm seeing is if you don't have insurance.

4. JayVols

I see that, but it just seems convoluted to me.

5. Oldvol75

Obama mentioned nothing about it being a tax. Just basically saying its not popular and that congress shouldn't fight this battle again. And that he thought it was best for America.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't really think people will care. His position in the fall will be, "I'm not Obama.". I can't say that I blame him for the approach. "I'm not Bush," worked well four years ago. Romney may not win, but I doubt this will be the weight around his neck that does him in.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Found it.

Federal Government Will Pick Up Nearly All Costs of Health Reform

This being the case, where is the Federal Government getting these funds???

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Is he also going to make the office of the President more powerful on his first day too?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why not? Has government's purpose not been to grow itself and grant itself more authority for generations now?

10. Oldvol75

If this entire thing is now presented as a tax, I could see it actually helping Romney in the long run. He could simply use Obama's own words against him here, "I will not raise your taxes one dime".

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You all know this is George Bush's fault.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Went back and read through the opinion on the tax.

After I read it, I wasn't as annoyed that it was declared a tax***, but was more astonished as to how you could logically present it based on court decisions and how slowly we've morphed to this place as a society. It wasn't nearly as big of a leap as I was expecting. Granted, I'm not a legal scholar.

***-(although I still have some issue with the concept of "inactivity never being protected from taxation)

13. JayVols

Yeah. I don't think a lot of folks like Romney. They will just vote against Obama. My personal opinion is that Romney will be worse than Obama. I've actually not liked a candidate since Clinton. It's sad the choices that we have had.

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

lulz .. yep.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't really like Romney, but I believe he'll be pro business and won't push a social agenda. I can live with that

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not a Romeny fan in the least. If he is has a lot of work to do in four years.

17. JayVols

I want someone pro America which means a balance between corporations and consumers.

You're way too smart to really think that Romney won't push a social agenda. The legislators on the right will see to that. That's about all he has talked about during his campaign. Not that campaign rhetoric means anything to a politician. I just see no way a Mormon doesn't push an agenda. I can't keep the bastages off my front porch when they're uninvited. I'd hate to see what they'd do with some "political capital".

18. JayVols

You know that I'm not an Obama fan despite being a Democrat. I really don't see where he's done such terrible things. Yeah, the deficit issues are bad, but no one outside of Clinton has given 2 shats about it over the last 30 some years.

If he claims to be a liberal, he's an abject failure as one. As long as the unconstitutional 60 vote rule stands in the Senate, the good Lord himself couldn't get anything done in terms of addressing problems.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am hearing that if Republicans take the Presidency and both Houses they can repeal the law and Dems will not be able to Filibuster. They cannot Filibuster taxation issues.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Oh, I know. Options are slim and we are paying the price.

As long as being a public servant is rewarded as a full time career we will continue to suffer the consequences.