Penn State to offer James Franklin

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Jan 7, 2014.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I pointed out some of the bigger single game victories, but was not making a bigger deal out of them than his overall record in general.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That's a good point.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Exactly how high is the bar at Vandy?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you want to crown his ass, crown him.

6. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

My point was that you have to look at the big picture. For Vandy fans, he has exceeded expectations. For anyone else, if you look at his body of work, it's not very impressive. One win against a ranked team decimated by injury? His teams have won the games they should have. Nothing more, nothing less.

Unfortunately for Vandy, their history shows otherwise. They had a habit out of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

His record has a very similar feel to Fulmer in his last years at TN. We called that a disappointment. Vandy calls it a great year.

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I hope the Penn St AD reads this thread before they waste their money on Jimmy Frank. lol

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He is who we thought he was.

9. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

I don't give a flying crap whether Penn State hires him or not. My life will go on, and I still have to get up tomorrow and go to work. However, the point was made that his teams overachieve. The numbers don't support that. I believe that if you dig into his record, there are some fairly obvious points that would concern me.

I'm tired of everyone hailing him as some up and comer because he has beaten teams he's supposed to beat, under the current circumstances.

Would James Franklin have the same success at Vandy back in the 90's? Doubtful, because that's when the East was dominant. He's been in the right place at the right time. I'm not faulting him for that, but you have to look at the big picture.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

get off my boy biatch. you got a guy from la tech.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I get it.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Meltdown is hilarious

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Anchor is up.

Apparently he hasn't received a formal offer yet, otherwise I'm sure he'd have skipped town already.

14. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

@BFeldmanCBS #Vandy's James Franklin to become next head coach at #PennState, per source. CBS story: cbsprt.co/1ksal4B

15. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

@BFeldmanCBS Some names I'd expect to get consideration at #Vandy: DC Bob Shoop, #Stanford DC Derek Mason & #ULL's Marsk Hudspeth.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To be honest, Shoop isn't a bad coach. I would promote him if I were Vandy.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I would give him a call if I were Butch Jones but that won't happen.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Well at least his office is already cleared out

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree 100%. He won't be an outright failure at Penn State because he will recruit well, but I also don't think he's going to be competing with Urban anytime soon.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Bruce Feldman is pretty solid though he can be Jimmy Hyam-ish late at times.