OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes he did. But you've got to play as aggressive as the most aggressive player, especially in one of the big winners tournaments. He seemed a lot more comfortable doing it last night than he did Thursday. And I loved that when he did and succeeded that James got excited.

Edit - and I've never seen anyone fish so hard for that daily double like James did in the last round.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh boy, what's next a discussion on the value and tastiness of the noble prune? You guys are making me feel old.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Have you tried the cherry flavored Milk of Magnesia ? It's off the chain!

4. CardinalVol

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm on a tea and toast diet.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds pretty sustainable

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Monday I decided to eat a small variety of tomato every time I wanted something sweet and eat it instead. Worked for a day and had 7 tomatoes monday. Tuesday I had 5 tomatoes and 3 chips ahoy original. Yesterday I looked at the tomatoes and had 6 chips ahoy, last 2 with frozen yogurt to save some calories.

8. CardinalVol

Currently having an active shooter situation at the national guard base at the airport.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

sigh

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

DHL sent me a text at 5:30 saying they just attempted to make a delivery, but I wasn’t home. I’ve not left the house all day and sat here for the specific reason of getting said package, which they were unable to leave a few days ago without a signature despite my asking them to do so. So I sat here all day waiting to sign for this thing. And nope.

So I call, explaining that clearly no delivery attempt was made or said delivery would have been successful. They tell me they will put out a notice to the local dispatch to ask the driver to come back and deliver the package, but they actually have no way of communicating with their drivers, so there is no telling whether or not he will come back. I asked the guy what exactly he meant by asking the driver to turn around if he is unable to communicate with him. I think part of his brain died at that moment. He stammered around a while and then said hopefully I would be able to get the package tonight. Asked if it was standard procedure for drivers at 5:00 to just fabricate failed delivery attempts so they could go home. He made some gurgling noises. Asked if it was 2020. He confirmed that it was. Asked if it was typical for an international corporation to be incapable of contacting an employee on the job in 2020. He reluctantly admitted that I would not be receiving my package tonight. Sigh.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I sold a twisted walking stick on eBay. First time I’ve ever sold anything on there.

I sold it for 25 dollars and was thinking I was a Titan of industry till I went to ship it.

Cost 34 dollars to ship a stick to Michigan

CardinalVol and fl0at_ like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Must be nice to be unemployed and living off the government so you can sit at home all day waiting on a package and criticize the working man.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Rental car place screwed up when I went in to have my car repaired.

My full size sedan that the insurance company lined up wasn’t available so they needed me to do them a favor.

Driving around in a new cherry red mustang convertible this week.

I am now a hero to my children.

Volst53 and CardinalVol like this.
  15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

FedEx did this to me once. I told them I'd pick it up that night where they park their trucks.

I got my package.

16. CardinalVol

Penis enhancer that needed?

warhammer likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

I once got a red Camaro convertible when I was traveling. I pulled up to the house with the top down and my daughter screamed dad your car doesn't have a top!

I then had to drive the kids around the neighborhood in it for 15 minutes before I cod leave

TennTradition likes this.
  18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Story sounds fishy.

kptvol likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

does anybody else feel better after 6 hours sleep than more? I feel like way more of a slug if I go to bed at 10 or 10:30

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's an international practice for them. I don't recall having dealt with them before moving, but my first two deliveries from them were just like this. The only difference being I didn't get my package on Tuesday or Wednesday, so they came back on my predetermined "preferred" delivery day which is Friday. This was something I had to provide when I set up my account with them. My wife is home most days, so the preferred day is actually as soon as you can bring it. I chose Friday because I had to and it would have worked for the first delivery I was supposed to receive. I now have a customer card and ship things to a store that's on my way home from work.