OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Last time I visited my sister took us to Label. It's one of their favorites and I enjoyed it. Nice bourbon selection and good food/cocktails.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They opened one in Knoxville and there was a 2 hour wait for like six months.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

those people are idiots. or sans tastebuds

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Southern Craft BBQ is solid. That's usually where my sister-in-law takes me when I'm up there.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Why is your sister-in-law taking you places instead of your brother?

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Wife's sister...

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Likely story.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've been to one Cheddars. It was somewhere in Dallas close to where I was staying for work, and I didn't want to go. Two of my coworkers made the plans, so I went along somewhat unsuccessfully trying to hide my disappointment. They told me it was great. It wasn't. It was exactly what I expected going in. I hadn't been with the company long leaving my ability to get out of it with no repercussions limited. I doubt I could have gotten out of the meal at all in the end since it turned out to be a working dinner I wasn't told about until I got there. I was three months into an almost six-month employment tenure. I won't say being dragged to Cheddars for a working meal is what drove me to leave the company, but it didn't help.

9. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

Freiberg's, Schnitzel is fantastic. For BBQ I hear people like Southern Craft, but the one time I went meat was dry, I need to try it again. If you like beer and tacos hit up Yee Haw. Great place to hang out downtown. Main Street pizza is my favorite pizza place. It's downtown also. Firehouse BBQ used to be really good but I just haven't been in a while. I'm sure it's still legit. There is a Korean Taco House downtown, it's legit.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's amazing how shitty the food is but how busy they stay

Tenacious D likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The one time I've been to Firehouse BBQ, I wasn't impressed.

Have you tried Moe's bbq? Apparently, it's really good.

12. Ssmiff

what did you get at Firehouse? I've literally never had a bad sammich there. Favorite shop. Either brisket no mayo or club. Meatball is legit. Steak and cheese good. The new jerk and Cajun ones were good to. Nashville hot brisket...oh my.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Firehouse BBQ in Johnson City, not the sammich place. I've actually never eaten at a Firehouse Subs.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meh, food is ok. Just chain restaurant variety. Just don't understand they hype behind it because it's a couple of dollars cheaper.

15. Ssmiff

We get it about once every 2 weeks.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

everybody i know that likes Cheddars mostly likes the fact they can feed the kids a bit more cheaply. I've been once. Didn't hate it but haven't been back.

More mysterious to me is the general public's love for the Cheesecake Factory. It's like, super-expensive and not that good

justingroves likes this.
  17. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

Moe's bbq is alright, my favorite BBQ place up there is Hokie Smokey.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Cheddar's isn't great but not horrible either.

They have good spinach dip

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I can see that as a reason. I've eaten a lot of CiCi's, and it wasn't because I was in love with their macaroni and cheese pizza. The menu at Cheddars just seemed like geneic brand quality offerings from chains like Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, TGIF, Chili's, etc.

I agree fully on Cheesecake Factory. Even the cheesecake is only meh. I mean it's in their name, and it's at best nothing special.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I was thinking that Cheddars wasn’t that bad either, but then again I also realized I haven’t been to Cheddars in years, and not under my own volition.

If I HAD to pick, I’d go with either Chili’s or Ruby Tuesday for bar and grill dining. But having worked for one of the chains in that category for years, I try to avoid them all.