POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Last part very true but the political threads here are dominated by guys who are left of neutral and tend to become shit shows when others come in an opine differently. Thats why most dont. And its a big reason why bpv, cotton and others went away.
    Obviously i dont care. I pay attention and learn some things too, but wont shy away from sharing a thought, regardless if it leads to somebody calling me a "piece of shit human" as dooz does once a week.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My wife voted for Hillary based on abortion.
    My mom and step-father voted for Trump based on abortion. (They wanted Cruz)
    My father voted for Trump based on taxes (he's an accountant).
    My father in law voted for Trump based on taxes (he's also an accountant).
    My mother in law voted for Hillary based on social issues.
    My brother in law voted for Trump based on firearms.
    My sister voted for Trump based on school choice.

I don't think I can literally "ask anyone." I need to ask the people you think I should ask.

3. fl0at_

In what way does this "How is he scrambling for the moral high ground, based on how ever it is you define morals, here, today?" mean I'm only asking you about his comments today?

It literally says "how is he scrambling for the moral high ground, based on how ever you define morals, here, today?" with the specific word "today" pointing to MORALS, not comments.

So the scrambling part, can be ... all time, today, whatever.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who left because of the “leftist clowns”? Name. Them. And then please tell us how you know.

If the “leftist clowns“ had the power to make anybody quit, don’t you think we’d have run you off for good already?

5. Ssmiff

You say my personal experience as i watched it unfold for years in front of me means shit, yet your family members are used as examples?
    Have you ever watched a show where they walk down the street and ask basic questions to Americans and people, voters, are clueless? Thats America.
    Imo, more dems will vote dem to be against trump, than based off policy. Which i think is fine because i get it and its the truth. If you disagree, ok.

6. fl0at_

American people and voters aren't the same thing. The vast majority of Americans don't vote. So voting Americans are already in the minority. So the odds of correctly interviewing a voter, is already decreased.

The cluelessness is 1) believing that television is not edited, for comedic effect, and 2) not realizing voters have to vote... to be voters.

I never said it meant shit, I said you only rely on personal experience. I used my family as examples because you said "literally anyone," and I don't know if you know what those words mean, but I literally gave you seven anyones.

Be specific if you want specificity.

Right, then why will republicans vote against trump, in your truth world?

7. Ssmiff

8. Ssmiff

Hes lost some support for being a jackass, but those people will just not vote. Many others will still vote for him because he's not democrat and not Biden. Just as they did because he was not Hillary.
    And yes i know what those words mean. Thanks for your concern.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, the political threads are not dominated by the lefties on the board and they certainly weren't in the past. Hell, we had Tenny vomiting up Trump campaign material for years. BPV was an asshole, good riddance, cotton posted in politics rarely, seemingly to [itch bay] at IP, and there have been people come and go in the way which always happens on message boards. The only one I know who left because of politics was Hat and he wasn't conservative. You are the only one really obsessed with this idea one side is behaving so badly and your political blinders feed into your perception of this.

Fact is, this site was built upon the idea it is an open forum, no holds barred, and posters have treated it as such.

The Dooz likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. fl0at_

What do you think causes people to pick one party or the other, if not for policy? Because that is what you have now said, twice.

12. Ssmiff

And see this is why shit gets old. I wasnt making any other point except i thought portland had calmed down but evidently it hadnt. Dont care what part of the city. Dont care who or what politician involved. Just want it to stop.
    You have to pit one against the other or create bullshit too often.
    Rebuttal to my own snark? Man stfu.

13. Ssmiff

Did people vote for Hillary because she wasnt Trump, and vice versa, or no. Simple yes or no.

14. Ssmiff

Uni, my political blinders? U cant b serious. You are as one sided political as they come. Every republican bad. Every dem good.

15. fl0at_

In order for it to be a simple yes or no, I need to know how many people swings the binary. Did a person? Sure. Did loads? No. There wasn't much party swapping in the 2016 election.

Hillary won the popular vote. Which is people.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dude, you were making a point. You said "honestly thought it had died down." It did. Your own article very much explicitly described the situation as such. Did you just read the headline?

17. Unimane

Clearly, you haven't been paying attention long enough. I have made my political persuasion very clear, but I've certainly discerned a bit deeper than Democrat vs. Republican. The one thing I haven't done is sit here and say the conservatives on this site are doing the bad things while my side isn't. That's what I'm getting at with you.

18. Unimane

This still means they are picking someone based upon factors other than just mindlessly following Democrats or Republicans, as you suggested. "This person is terrible, based upon my determinations of them, so I'm going to vote against them".

19. Ssmiff

I read where the mayor was pleading with rioters and some tried to burn a building with people in it.
    As i posted, i thought things had calmed down in Portland. Evidently they havent. Period. No stsnce. No snark. No rebuttal. A simple comment after reading.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like you just don't acknowledge anything that doesn't fit into your original view. Which is perhaps why you are frustrated if anyone responds to you with a different opinion or more information.