POLITICS Polls

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 18, 2019.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think the USPS thing is an attempt to have a negotiating point to get liability protection for businesses.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why does Trump think we will be the laughing stock of the world if we enact postal voting when much of the Western World already does it in some fashion? 90% of Swiss vote via mail.

Hell, in 2016, almost 25% of US votes were via mail. This is just demagoguery and the latest bogeyman that he is waving his arms about.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He’s not against Anyone requesting an absentee vote.

he’s against a mass mailing to all registered voters in the country.

Just look at what happened in the recent New Jersey and New York elections that went down that road.

4. fl0at_

Isn't the New Jersey example an example not of voters doing fraud, but of politicians doing fraud?

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I see that as the same thing since the votes are fraudulent.

6. fl0at_

You see politicians committing fraud as the same as regular people committing fraud? That's pretty stupid.

Should probably just shut all voting down, since all voting has ways for fraud. In person, absentee, mail in, all of it. If it is all equal in your eyes, then no voting should be done.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Wait until they start bussing voters to other post offices to mail in their bundles of fake ballots.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve never claimed to be smart.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ole Janet from Indiana sent out 400 prechecked ballots to voters. Talk about a go getter

10. fl0at_

No, but you are often consistent on government and freedoms. And in this case, you're saying a basic liberty, in how one votes, should be limited by government, because of how a government employee behaved.

Seems inconsistent.

11. fl0at_

Applications not ballots.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think it will just be limited to government employees though and think that it will be a disaster.

I think voting is the most important function a citizen can do in the republic. However I want it to be accurate as possible.

Dr. Fauci says there’s no reason we can’t do in person voting so that and standard requested mail in ballots should be enough.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There are 5 states which do mail in vote only (Essentially), having done so for years, and 20-25% of the country voted by mail or absentee ballot in 2016 without any significant incident. How is it all supposed to be rife with corruption when this has never been an issue?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Or the black panthers station themselves outside p0st offices dressed in black with assault rifles.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Why push for an unnecessary uncertain according to our top medical expert in the country.

when 45 states will be implementing a system they’ve never done in what will be one of the most important elections in our life time.

16. Unimane

He also said those who feel compromised or concerned should be able to mail-in vote, too. Perhaps the administration should have been preparing for the likelihood of mail-in voting for months now instead of leading a fear assault on the fundamental right of people to vote as well as participating in one of the most blatant vote manipulations in modern American history.

Also, fortunately, we already have the example of other states which do this and the practice of absentee balloting to draw upon in making this available to all voters.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Secret power of the President

18. Unimane

That is fascinating. I know there are instances in the Constitution where some rights can be suspended, but they are due to specific circumstances. I wonder how these directives could supersede the Constitution. Are they shrouded in so much secrecy because they would never pass muster though the Supreme Court? Of course, then the conundrum is, if they are put into effect, no longer are they in secret.

19. fl0at_

Citing some thing that wasn't an example of your concern, as an example of your concern, was what was addressed.

Mail in voting will have problems. Neither of the examples cited are good reasons not to do it.

That doesn't mean there isn't a good reason. Just not in those examples.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m not against those wanting to vote by mail being able to request an absentee ballot.

I just don’t think a National mass mailing to every registered voter in the county is a smart plan.

especially since Dems don’t even want those using them to have signature check on their ballot