POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think he knows much about war, weapons, or power. I'm not even sure why you think his take was worth sharing. Isn't he the guy from Spinal Tap? An actor?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh haven’t even been staunchly right leaning in their decisions, have they? Especially considering that Gorsuch replaced Scalia?

Or am I off there?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The expectations were that they would interpret the law incorrectly, and sometimes they don't.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He is a good example of the Hollywood lefts meltdown on an almost Dailey basis. Rather comical.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is one of the most egregiously awful things I have ever heard a president state, including him. I don't know why this isn't getting more play. It's the president of the USA defining "law and order" as, in part, an attack on a journalist. And, they [uck fay]ing cheered. Not only cheered, but it's a passing reference in the day's events. If Obama had mocked a Fox News reporter getting shot by a rubber bullet, the right would lose their damn minds, especially if he said it while wearing a tan suit.

So, I don't want to hear about an eye roll from anyone about this mother [uck fay]er anymore. His bullshit has so desensitized and the cultist have become so devoted that we are inured to an attack on first amendments principles in an act more befitting a tinpot dictator.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sooo, whataboutism (if obama...,i was told whataboutism is tired play and others "use it everyday", but yet here we are again on the other foot and the fonger pointer appears oblivious as to how often its used here), control of what someone else posts (..i dont want to hear about another eyeroll from anyone...), well, your consistent intolerance and want to control is not a surprise and i assume your insistence of no eye rolls was met with more eyerolls just due to the arrogance of the statement. I just eyerolled again in defianxe of your orders
    Lastly, your generalized cultist labelling is emotional and off as well. Many Trump voters just want them and their kids as far away from the intolerant and delusional thought processes of left as possible for various reasons (12 still the wishful age of the left to consent to sex or did yall move ot closer to age 9 or 10?) and would vote for just about anyone who the far left hates. The "cult" os more about not allowing the left to takeover and destroy the country anymore than it already has, whether it be statues or riots or free money or drama du jour. Its always something

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is the response you give for the president promoting the police shooting a journalist with rubber bullets in the name of "law and order"? You are a real piece of work.

[uck fay]ing statues? That's one of the defining lines between survival and destruction of the country?

Liberals want to have sex with 12 year old kids? The hell?

Jesus, what the hell kind of world do you live in?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  8. Ssmiff

-Trump has always overrun his mouth and did again. Ive only mentioned it a couple dozen time
    -id have to see the video before i choose to laugh or not. Protests and riots lead to more deaths, beatings of iccocent people and millions in damage, so my support goes for people affected by riots, not rioters.
    --Dont use whataboutism so often, when you complain daily about it next breath, all the time.
    -there is one group, in addition to far right fools, who want the country to fail and tailspin right now and for another 4 years, dependant on president. What does that say about you and your kind?
    -i dont know what liberals think about the safety of kids. California changes consent laws Clamping down on immigration has lead to more safety for kids and there have been lost or stolen children found recently in bundles. If the left cared, we woulda heard more about it, but we got James Blake support instead. Dems apparently love to support rapists.
    -i live in a world where for many years people went about their business instead of having their daily lives "affected" by words or tweets of a jackass president. But then Trump won. The world changed when dems lost and stayed mad, One group calls everybody a bigoted racist due to how they voted, yet complains about others dividing. Literally your leaders say if people vote for trump they are haters and racist.
    How can people who are supposedly smart, be so delusional as to who is causing the major divide.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's not whataboutism. Whataboutism is both sides do something similar, and one side complains, and the other side, rather than addressing whether it was right or wrong, for both, brings up the other.

So if a reporter was shot by a rubber bullet at a protest, and Obama made a comment, then as a defense someone would say "what about when Obama did it." That would be whataboutism.

Age of consent is pretty consistent throughout the US with southern states having some of the lowest ages.

10. fl0at_

California age of consent is 18.

11. Ssmiff

..i cant imagine how repubs would react if obama laughed at a rubber bullet to the knee..is exactly a whatabout.

12. Ssmiff

But now a 24 yr old can have sex with a 14 yr old and not register as a sex offender.
    Yay dems. Im sure there is a perfect rationalization for that law change in a state rife with illegal immigration and child abduction.

13. fl0at_

Have not heard any of this, what are you referencing?

Currently California law is 18, period.

14. fl0at_

No, that's called a hypothetical.

Whataboutism is looking at two actual situations.

15. Ssmiff

16. fl0at_

17. Ssmiff

Then i need to learn more. I figured if a 24 yr old coach has sex with a 14 yr old player, they are a pedophile and have to register as a sex offender.

18. fl0at_

I'll try to break this down for yo. In California, for a long time, a 24 year old who had sex with a 14 year old, and they were male/female would be charged with statutory rape. (Still will be with this).

But a judge could decide whether or not to list as a sex offender, if the sex was vaginal. Now, it includes anal and oral.

Still charged with statutory rape. Just might not have to register as a sex offender.

In Tennessee, a 20 year old could have sex with a 16 year old, and if wouldn't even register as statutory rape. But it still would in California.

So if Tennessee has judicial discretion on when to require registration, Cali would actually have tougher laws.

19. fl0at_

I doubt a lot of judges would let that go, because of the coach being in a position of power.

Typically when there is a power structure, consent is not believed to be given, and are considered unethical.

That doesn't mean there isn't one out there, but he/she should be roasted if they do it.

IP and Ssmiff like this.
  20. fl0at_

I know it has become this boogeyman issue between the left and the right, but sex, on the left, is consent first.

This is to ensure that there is a very distinct line between rape and consensual sex.

People love throw out things like: well, what's next, animals?

No. Animals can't consent. Children? No. Children can't consent.

This is why in California, and several other states, if you aren't 18... you can't consent, period.

In Tennessee, you can be 13 and depending on the circumstances, consent.

And consent in power struggles is considered rare: doctor patient--not consent, Coach athlete--not consent, boss secretary--not consent.

This is a test you can use to determine whether it is a boogeyman or a position: use consent.