POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol, even when you're wrong, it's because I'm not "intelligence" enough to understand.

You seem flustered. I'm gonna circle back to the original post.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Does Trump really think that telling suburban women he’ll protect them from Corey Booker and get their husbands back to work is a good closing strategy? Am I just completely off base on my read of suburban women?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Do you consider giving orders to be a physical action? Because I don't.

I'm fine with you saying it is. But I want you to say it is.

4. fl0at_

Very much so. My sister wants nothing more than people to get out of her house, so she can... do whatever it is she does. In her house.

justingroves likes this.
  5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is she an independent voter?

6. fl0at_

That's a good question. To me, no. But she might think she is?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I used the words physical action because I wanted you to be specific. It's easy for you to just say "a social worker would de-escalate." I want to know HOW the social worker de-escalates in this situation. I want you to explain the specific, physical actions the social worker is going to take to de-escalate. I don't need you to tell me the social worker is going to [uck fay]ing breathe. That's just you trying dig your way out of the hole you put yourself in.

In this case, yes, I absolutely consider "giving orders" to be a physical action because you claim it's a step in the de-escalation process. My goal is to understand the actual process, which includes a number of physical actions, as long as you aren't narrowly defining physical action as hitting or shooting someone.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay, so they're going to play keep away. Keep the person away from others, keep others away from them. How do you make that happen with so many people around? How do you force the man's mother to keep away from her son? What if she refuses? What if multiple people refuse to stay outside of 5 feet away from the person? Is the social worker going to use physical force on those people? Are there 2 officers with the social worker to help with this sort of thing?

What if the man begins to advance towards the social worker with the knife, as he seemed to do with police? Is the social worker just going to run away from the man? How can the social worker maintain control of the situation while running from a guy who is advancing towards him with a knife?

I think you are dramatically oversimplifying.

9. fl0at_

And you do know that units have SOPs, right? Standard operating procedures. So if an SOP was written up, previously, and the social worker didn't have to give any orders, you'd still say that was a physical action, because ... physical actions describe the process?

That's stupid.

Why wouldn't you just say "What's the process?"

Because when you say "what physical action" I take that to mean, direct, against the subject, physical, action.

Because nobody says "What physical action would you take?" when they are actually asking "What's the process?"

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

someone not being able to break down to you what a mechanic will do to your engine doesn't mean they are wrong that you need to take your noisy sputtering car in to a mechanic.

11. fl0at_

People follow orders. You give orders, they'll follow. The ones that don't, are separated from the ones that do. You treat the second group, that didn't follow orders, as a group that needs to be detained. You call for backup immediately when this group shows itself.

This goes for the mother, father, aunt, uncle, people who refuse to stay outside of 5 feet away, Santa Clause and Jesus [uck fay]ing Christ. If they don't follow the order, they are being detained. Cordon is a type of detainment.

Anyone that doesn't follow orders is also taking their physical safety in to their own hands. If they get stabbed, that's on them. They disobeyed your order, and they got hurt.

Yes, the social worker will open the cordon. The best way to do this is to put an object between themselves and the person advancing. It's called a tactical retreat. It's easy to give orders in a tactical retreat.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

you literally wrote up a dramatic escalating hypothetical to justify killing someone as being the only option.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

INDY: how would a mental health professional handle this situation differently when the guy's brain is scrambled eggs and he can't comprehend instructions?

FLOAT:
    INDY: how would a mental health professional handle this situation differently when the guy's brain is scrambled eggs and he can't comprehend instructions?

FLOAT: A mental health professional would de-escalate.

INDY: How does a mental health professional de-escalate with someone who is wielding a knife, putting the lives of other people in danger, and incapable of comprehending instructions because his brain is scrambled eggs? Like, what physical action do they take to do that? What action do they take that makes his brain no longer scrambled eggs and able to comprehend instructions?

It's pretty clear what I meant when using the words "physical action" in this context. I wanted you to explain the de-escalation process. I could have asked for you to "explain the de-escalation process," which would have been the exact same request. That you didn't realize that the two questions/requests are one in the same is your problem, not mine. It's not my fault that you inferred that I meant direct, against the subject, physical action, though one could argue that playing keep away with the person is, in a way, a physical action against him.

14. fl0at_

Cops are infallible, which is amazing, because their job is just so hard.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't said that there is no way to de-escalate in this situation. I think it's a bit more difficult/dangerous than Float is making it out to be, but I'm not closed off to someone else's version of the process, which may make more sense.

16. fl0at_

I still don't see the two questions as being the same. And the reason is your last sentence. One could also argue that playing keep away with a person is not a physical action against them. A moving cordon never takes action against the person. Like removing all the traffic from the interstate. Nothing was done to the person, and suddenly, they were all alone.

And because of this scenario, playing keep away can be a physical action, but it doesn't have to be a physical action. The best cordon is one where a person is all alone. That's the goal, that's the ideal. And that isn't a physical action against a person.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's a crazy guy with a knife. it could go a lot of ways. Why try to repair something complex using only a hammer? I think it boils down to that.

18. fl0at_

It isn't, it is as easy as I've given. It is used all the friggen time. It just isn't used every time.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dramatic? Escalating? Hypothetical? You can see the mother chasing the man in the video. You can see multiple people in the video getting well within 5 feet of him. The police are yelling for those people to move, and the people are not complying. Those are things that happened. You can see them happening in the video. I'm asking Float how the Social worker handles those things as they happen while he or she is trying to keep everyone away from the man.

The man advanced at the police. How is it "dramatic" to assume the same thing could happen with a social worker? How is what I wrote escalating? How is it dramatic? 90% of what I wrote happened in the actual video.

I'm not saying that shooting him was the only option. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how differently the situation is handled if the 2 police officers show up with a social worker.

20. fl0at_

You do understand that the social worker would be police, too, right? Or at least capable of giving orders. Not like they pulled Randy off the street on the way to the thing. You get this, right?