Being White is a Privilege...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Jun 21, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Exactly. When I see someone that can barely keep the lights on and lives in a shithole in Appalachia, I'll just remind them, "Imagine how bad things would be here if you were black."

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Being a minority business owner (ie: non white female) will land you tons of government contracts. I had friends contemplate starting their own business and have their wives being the frontman.

3. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Yep. I know a guy who lived his whole life as being "white," did some research and discovered he had a very distant Native American relative, changed his racial status and now gets tons of government contracts not available to him as a white male. Where was the white privilege there?

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Since he changed his status, he's now subjected to constant police brutality. Ask Unimane, king of the underworld.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Red privilege was his trump card.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I cant tell you how many businesses in knoxville that deal w govt contracts have a 51% black owner.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

shitty parents are the biggest drain on the future of a child. not race, money, or any of that. One of my buddies from college is mexican. His father was an illegal immigrant date farmer. He has one sister who graduated from harvard law, a brother who is a professor at Arizona, another sister who is a professor at a small liberal arts college, and he and his twin brother graduated with honors from Cal and currently have very high paying jobs.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

My two sons will be 24 and 21 next month. The 24 YO graduated college in May, neither one can seem to find a job past part time right now. Why is this "white Privilege" not working for them?

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Have they recently been attacked by the police? Ask Unimane, if you're not white, the police will beat the shit out of you for no reason.

10. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Exactly. People who try to blame their situation solely on race in today's society are more than likely just making an excuse for being lazy. Racism stills exists but it isn't some universal obstacle like it once was.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

For some strange reason, my sons respect the police and don't cop attitudes with them. Just maybe thats why they don't ever get beat by them.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't perceive much of a racial obstacle for middle class black Americans these days. Anyone living in a ghetto is going to struggle to get out and be surrounded by lots of crime and bad influences. Black people have a disproportionately high number in such a situation and therefore are logically going to have fewer reaching into the higher levels of society. But a middle class black kid applying to UT is going to have just as a good a shot (better, really) of acceptance than your average white graduate and will receive plenty of opportunities should he manage to graduate. If he does well enough to get into a grad school, watch out - doors are opening.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They've obviously chosen to isolate themselves from society. Thus, it's their own damn fault for not using their privilege.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, just keep making up shit I said. Disproportionate means always, naturally. Same old shit from you.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'd suggest sending in a resume with their name followed by a comma and then the word "Caucasian" in Bold letters. Job offers will begin pouring in.

16. Unimane

Wait, are you back to saying white privilege doesn't exist? Make up your mind.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Give me a [uck fay]ing break. You've made absolutely no point in this entire thread other than to pretend like you're some [uck fay]ing expert on race relations. I think you're totally full of shit, and apparently so does everyone else.

18. Unimane

He's already conceded white privilege exists. I don't know why you're seeking his approval.

19. Unimane

"Everybody" meaning 5 guys on a message board? I'm devastated. You totally win.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i got pulled over fairly regurally for BS reasons by teh cops when i was younger. Guess I must have tanned too much those days.