POLITICS The Biden Transition

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Obama wasn't handing out pardons like candy to family and associates. Clinton was a little closer, but nothing close to what Trump's doing.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yes, but that burn down is over a period of time.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I love these threads where people pretend their team is the good guys.

hohenfelsvol, zehr27 and VolDad like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like the threads where people pretend equivalency to avoid confronting ideologically inconvenient facts.

Unimane and emainvol like this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

GOOO TEAM!!!!

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At what point does this Trump overthrow debacle become sedition?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Judging from the senate impeachment trial earlier this year, never and under no circumstances can a President commit a crime. He is above the law.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When he calls for people to rise and keep him office or refuses to leave office on Jan 20.

But, then can he be charged before noon Jan 20? The whole cannot indict the President thing

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

To the extent he’s talking about it and using the courts to try to make something happen - it won’t.

Short of committing direct illegal acts to impede the transition of power and even then sedition would be hard to peg.

10. CardinalVol

Garland gonna get AG?

11. NorrisAlan

You know, based on what I have seen, today might be the day it moved into sedition.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's as if the Republican Party has decided they don't wish to hold national office again for at least the next decade.

13. CardinalVol

They are too worried about getting on tumps naughty list and face a primary challenger.

Sad.

14. fl0at_

In what way do you see this changing voting habits?

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They're bleeding what moderates they have left and are cutting into their own base with this stupid shit which are kinda important groups during an election. I know several people that strongly supported Trump that are going WTF right now. They're trying to please the fringe (I guess) and don't give a shit about anyone else.

16. NorrisAlan

My wife was reading me some things from the transcript of the call to the Georgia governor, and it is flat out telling him to overturn the election.

An hour long rambling mess of a call. I would have hung up on him.

17. fl0at_

Right. But how do you see that changing voting habits?

Will you vote differently?

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'll continue to vote for whatever candidate I believe to be worth a damn or none at all. Some will vote differently. I think a lot of people will simply stay home. Trump being a [uck fay]tard won't make people magically believe in the Democrat platform, but fewer will aide the Republicans.

19. fl0at_

So, no, then, and no change.

It's almost like politicians know that.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I know several people that didn't vote at all in the last election that voted for Trump 4 years ago, there's more that will probably stay at home next time if they don't change their course. So yes there has been change. It's almost as if election results are not static every 2, 4, and 6 years.