The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

After Gruden x 2 I have a lot of sympathy for people that believe untrue things about the future. Even Qanon.

TennTradition likes this.
  2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

What an absolutely toxic dumpster fire this program is.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

the only Tennessee-like outcome to this particular exchange is that Pruitt travels all the way to California, reassuring and confirming to Henry T and family that they’re out of the woods and are certain to remain at Tennessee.

and then Henry T hits the portal next week anyway.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gone? He may not be allowed on a NCAA sideline for quite a while.

TDVol1989, utvol0427 and zehr27 like this.
  5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

That's what I tell myself. Folks clearly haven't experienced message board trolling culture before, and this is their first dose.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Per Hubbs latest post. Pruitt flying to see Henry T is similar to what he's been doing in the past few weeks, operating as if he will be back.

Chancellor still hasn't received final report. Assume this is the formal step in the process that has to transpire before we get official word. Maybe they have already come to an unofficial decision?

Edit - this is paraphrasing, I'm adding color to his language, but I think this is the gist of it. You can't read anything into the situation until this thing is wrapped.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I just don’t think so. Steele may be on that trip as well as Ansley. This is all weird stuff to be quite honest. I am guessing he is gone by Sunday. I don’t see a path forward where he isn’t extremely bitter.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Unless his buyout has clauses about how he leaves..
    Friend whos son is on the team is having lunch with him today before he heads back this afternoon. Im gonna try to find out what the players are being told.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

4 million per annum can relieve a lot of bitterness

justingroves likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

A country boy can survive on that

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

These buyouts are insane nowadays. Iirc, Johnny Majors buyout was something like $600,000 total...

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Are they on a UT plane or a Kansas State plane?

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I mean if half the stuff being said about this mess is true, seriously, who you gonna get?

14. TDVol1989

Lots of people here have said he doesn’t want to be here. He can get 1 mil+ and have 25% of the stress. And probably 5-6 million severance if he plays it cool.

15. TDVol1989

they will do it in 1 week. There will be a priority candidate like Gus or Tom. If they want to keep Steele, no Gus. Then there will be fallback 1 like Chadwell. Then fallback 2 the likes of say a Shawn Elliott or Tony Elliott. If those fall out it’s Marrone. All the candidates before Marrone might be fake anyway.

I want to troll so bad but I think they want it done and easy. I think 60% chance it’s Marrone but I am guessing

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or someone could shove him out of the plane somewhere over the Rockies.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Mike Debord had Josh Dobbs, Jalen Hurd, Alvin Kamara, Josh Malone, Von Pearson, Jauan Jennings and Preston Williams at his disposal yet the success of nearly every possession seemed to fall on Dobb's ability to convert a QB draw on a 3rd & 8.

18. TDVol1989

Come on 8th! Why so dead. I joined, much to the disappointment of many, in Dooley’s final days. This place offered me hope. Now it’s like the sports equivalent of Twitter...fact checking. “Um no Jeremy Pruitt is technically and statistically NOT the worst TN coach ever.”

“I thing Pruitt is gone!” - No Vegas has it at 52% Pruitt stays so you are dumb.

“Peyton Manning might suggest Adam Gase.” - Umm no, you’re an idiot for thinking Adam Gase is the best option.

Jeez. Is the best part of the 8th dead. No Tenny? No Jay?

19. TDVol1989

Well technically speaking Mike Bajakian... Seriously? DeBord SUCKED! Fact! You are going to statistically defend Mike DeBord just to shine me on. Ok fine. Did you watch the ‘85 Sugar Bowl live? No? Then shut the hell up.

“Technically it was 1986 when...”. See what I mean?

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah definitely bailed them out a lot. However in btb wins vs UF and Ga, Dobbs threw for near 550 yards and 7 tds, so there were some good things and not just always a qb scramble bailout.