The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

if they are equal, it means we are saving however much we would have paid an interim coach and avoiding forcing a hire in COVID January. It's still a good deal. Like getting to start on the buyout while getting a free season

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I'd say the only time I'll be watching them next year is if I have literally nothing else to do. Not gonna be dramatic and say I won't ever watch, but I promise I won't be changing the most minor of plans to work around another UT football game for a very long time. I just can't muster a [uck fay] to give.

Savage Orange and utvol0427 like this.
  3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

How decreased we talking?

$1M raise offset by a $10M decrease in buyout. No mass exodus via transfer portal and a revamped staff has some logic to it, IMO.

Feels like there's a real risk of forfeiting the 2022 in state class if you don't get a couple of big commitments from influential kids. Idk man.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, I'll watch if it's a late kick on a Saturday night and I don't have shit going on. I'll not waste 3-4 hours in the middle of the day on a Saturday to watch this ignorant [uck fay] bumble his way through another season.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I never said this was going to happen or was even a possibility, I just wondered what y'all would say about it.

Memtownvol, IP and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  6. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

CPA. Always be thinking numbers.

7. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

You’re killing us, Card!

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Tease.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Now I'm depressed.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m wise to your games

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

i would say your info was 100% incorrect. I am NOT an insider but I say he’s gone by Monday. And I will stand by that prediction until it is Tuesday of our next 2021 game week.

12. TDVol1989

No I didn’t read ahead. I savor every moment in hopes of “breaking”

IP likes this.
  13. TDVol1989

And for the record, I am learning that I was less aware of Peyton’s influence on past hires. And I am not sure I want him involved. There! I said it.

IP likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He signed off on Schiano

sbradle4 likes this.
  15. TDVol1989

And did he convince Butch to pass on Colorado?

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Peyton hasn’t done [penis] for Tennessee since Auburn in ‘97.

Memtownvol, TDVol1989 and utvol0427 like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is the only inside info I've ever known, I know it for a fact. at least, as much of a fact for me with not literally being in the room. He told CU to hire Butch. He then told Butch to go to UT mere days later when things changed with UT's search. Pissed off the CU bigwigs massively

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Considering the track record of our hires, if he did have that much influence, then I want him to sit this one out. If he wants to be involved, just let him donate some cash and that's it. JMO of course.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  19. TDVol1989

That’s the point I was making. Peyton is supposed to be our ace in the hole ambassador, yet has poor judgment in coaching candidates. So I don’t want him involved.

20. TDVol1989

And I am trying to figure out if Peyton is part of the problem. Maybe he wants to be the most famous football figure at UT. I don’t know. I am just trying to sort it out. And I feel about Marrone like I did DeBord. Please no