2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't either. Just one of those things he's said for years and years.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like, it is a string of words that holds no meaning for me. Is he saying that is what the ball handler is doing to the other guy? Getting HIS shorts/drawers pulled down? And then he will summon the custodial staff to come collect them? Like "juking someone out of their jock strap?"

It is very strange to me. There is no problem with it, it is just very unique.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think that’s the gist of it

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's either that or he is aggressively inviting the player to a three-way with the janitor.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The only plausible explanation is that Bill Raftery is an AI

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

its the old faked him out of his jock saying, but he calls it lingerie for some reason and somebody needs to pick it up. It's icky, so call the janitor.

edit: just saw your other post about it..

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks, I actually did need some verification that I was understanding it correctly, haha. Very strange thing. But I guess that is good color commentary, if I am talking about it a day later.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Glad Eisen is saying it. "One Shining Moment" sucks and, honestly, I wasn't even aware they did it anymore. The song is terrible and saccharine, plus I can watch actual highlights, not some random slow motion shot of players for 3 seconds at a time. I'm mystified as to why people would anticipate it rather than, at best, tolerate it.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In shocking news....

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope he's not a stranger. Good luck to him, get paid.

11. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Sean Miller fired by Arizona

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If he goes 6th overall, my very limited research tells me he will be our highest draft pick since 1968, and 2nd highest ever.

I feel like we are going to look back on this season 5-10 years from now as a massive waste of talent.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Won't need time to know it was a waste of talent.

justingroves, Volsdude and utvol0427 like this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Those guys were mighty talented but I don’t really look at it that way because this team had significant holes in it.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

College basketball takes more than a couple freshman athletes at sg who can't really shoot the 3. Pg and big man, to start. We did not have enough talented basketball players to compete consistently and imo, will look more like a bball team next year

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not saying we should have won a title, but we got blown out by an average team in the first round with two potential top 10 picks. Seems like those 2 alone should have been able to carry us further.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We were overrated but we also significantly underachieved. This was a top 20 team imo

18. Ssmiff

What teams were led by 2 true freshmen sgs who did much of anything all year? Or last year or year prior. If we had a pg and big man, I would agree. Basketball starts at the point and down low. Yes that's on Barnes for trying to compete without either one.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, I know you don't watch the NBA, but the Clippers are considered a pretty good ball club, and their two stars are both wings. I don't think it's impossible to be successful without a PG and a big man if you have enough talent at other positions.

20. Ssmiff

Nba and ncaa are a totally different game, or a guy like Keon, who can't dribble, pass or shoot that well, wouldn't be a lottery pick due to his athleticism.
    Yes anything is possible, but we were way undersized in the post, unable to consistently hit the 3 from the 3, 4 and 5 positions, and collapsed under pressure with no true pg. Bad combo