VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UTC is a good school

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm excited for him. Told him I'd like for him to go away from home, but know he can always come back. It's smaller which is more his style and pretty good art and graphic art program

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the so-called size of UT was one of the most non-factor things to me. yeah early on there was a few classes like that but i spent about 3 years with the same, idk, 100 people

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

For a flagship state school, UT isn’t really that big. I’ve been to the campuses of three Big Ten schools for conferences and they all dwarfed UT

5. JohnnyQuickkick

most west tennessee people think it's too big and too far away. my brother thinks it's on the opposite side of the globe. for me, i can be home in half a day if i need to, and my mom's not calling me asking to come over and set the DVR

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

I didnt mind it and wanted out of Memphis. The more the merrier and always felt like it was a 2 to 1 girl to guy ratio.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Put some skates on him, and he can play hockey for UT. It's club, but the club has gotten way advanced these last 20 years.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It’s a good thing nobody gives a shit at all about west Tennessee.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lacrosse is too, unless something has changed in the past ten years.

10. Ssmiff

Yes sec is club.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

The best bbq in the land and Al Wilson beg to differ

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Only those who don't understand Blues music, you mean.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

The western side of the state seems to be indifferent to travelers, in contrast to the east and some the middle. In Jackson for example one exit has all the hotels but you have to get in your car and drive 3 miles down 40 to the next exit for restaurants. It just seems to cater to locals rather than travelers, a tourism inconvenience. Memphis may be different, but it seems they are like we got this if you want to come if not no biggie we locals like it.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What does Al Wilson have to do with Kansas City?

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's the main thing I like about Memphis. Strong local culture but not trying (AT ALL) to impress.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

the anti-Murfreesboro

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

When we were looking for a house last year, we found one that we really liked in Murfreesboro, but things didn’t work out. I had lived there for years before we moved to Chattanooga and then Mt Juliet, and honestly I am glad it didn’t work out. They are just bound and determined to make the city completely undriveable

A-Smith likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Never considered that about Jackson, but that's 100% true.

Jackson doesn't do planning well.

Volokie likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's why the older I get the more I like Memphis. Had zero cares what anyone else thinks about it. They are what they are and if you don't like it then so what.

lylsmorr and justingroves like this.
  20. Ssmiff

I lived in Jackson near Brooksies barn out of college. Most of those restaurants weren't there, so thr growth has been crazy, but apparently logistically designed by Kesling