Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pretty sure that one was Mussolini

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lol, it’s nearly 1% of its population. And that’s just from people moving out of state. Doesn’t account for out of country.

“Destination” cities losing 1% of their population to other states within a year means it’s probably not as nice you you Californians tend to think it is.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's not losing 1% at all. look at the chart. it's gaining people from other countries. the net is positive. and 1% is NOTHING and hardly a massive migration. rich foreigners moving in and poor americans moving out hardly screams a shitty place to live.

4. InVolNerable

The beaches themselves are far and away better. The sand, the water, everything.

The weather bit is overplayed, especially considering the veil of smog that perpetually engulfs that area detracts from the sunny day.

And I, for one, enjoy seasons. “Perfect” weather isn’t an accurate assessment; “Consistently room temperature outdoors” is a more fitting description.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

have you been to santa barbara?

smog is the most overplayed trope for LA. LA hasn't had a smog issue for 30 years. people see june gloom which is a normal weather pattern and assume it's smog. it isn't.

you enjoy it when it's 100 and humid or 30 and raining or snowing? i doubt it. the "i enjoy the seasons" folks are really talking about enjoying a week or two of weather every 3 months. i'll take 70-80 degrees with low humidity every day and be happy for it.

6. InVolNerable

Exactly. Thank you for proving my point. Like I said - it’s inbred driven. Californians wanting to change their location on Facebook from Riverside to LA. It’s not people from anywhere else.

And I would venture to guess that the “rich foreigners moving in” are actually just rich foreigners making real estate investments, and either renting them out, or leaving them empty because they don’t actually want to live in that trash pond. California just makes them claim residency so they can tax them, which they are ok with because they’ll still make a nice profit when they sell to the next foreigner who will do the same thing.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wat?

you'd venture wrong. california has the largest non US resident percent of population in the country.

8. InVolNerable

I do. Wouldn’t be nice one way or the other if it were every day of the year, but yes, change is nice. Rain not so much, but I’ll put up with a little rain now and then if it means I can water my lawn in the summer or even turn on my tap without worrying about a yet another catastrophic drought.

9. InVolNerable

“Resident”

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i water my lawn in the summer.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And the delta smelt hopes you die.

12. InVolNerable

You’re killing people in your state when you do. But they’re probably poor, so [uck fay] them cause they need to go away anyways.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's not very nice of it

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good point.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Only losers thirst or attempt to grow food.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Big "Like" for that.

droski likes this.
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Eric Bieniemy name surfacing for USC.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They’d be looking for a new coach in 4 years max.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is showing me LA homes and businesses use almost a billion cubic meters of water, or more than 25% of all the water used to grow 80% of the world's almonds, supposed to make me think "gee, they don't use much water?" The LA river has been reduced to a seasonal log flume ride and cheap car chase set. You drink it dry.