I’m just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle…

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Feb 13, 2022.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Drake is floating somewhere around Eminem territory in terms of popularity, but the industry has also changed a lot even since he blew up around 2009-2010

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He’s not some Rakim lyricist, that’s not his thing but he’s incredibly talented as a producer and as an artist more broadly. There’s a reason he has 22 Grammys or whatever it is

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's just what a couple of friends in the friend text group said when we wondered if he would make a cameo appearance. I know he's gotten close with Bubba, but other than that I'm just passing what I was told.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I also have a huge soft spot for Stronger and Golddigger.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

For future reference. It only gets worse.
    TV captioning can't follow Rap lyrics.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Drake is the bro country of rap, just because he's popular doesn't mean he's good

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That is out and out bullshit. GKMC is the flashpoint of the change between the oversaturated club/pop hip hop trend of the mid 00's/early 10's to today's scene which is much more artistically diverse than ever before. Kendrick absolutely raised, and changed the hip hop game. He and Cole with their labels have pushed the envelope of the game. The projects and artists that would never have made it if GKMC wouldn't have popped and we had kept on with the same club-and-gangster rap paradigm would shock you. Or maybe not, because if you can't see how varied and divergent rap has become in the time since, you probably aren't much of a hip hop fan, anyways.

If you're only listening to what's charting and dismissing rap on the whole, you are sorely missing out. And Kendrick was the trailblazer for all of it.

Indy likes this.
  8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Or, perhaps you could read closer and realize the quote "But, his albums didn't change the landscape the way Dre's did" is not written as Kendrick didn't change things. It means, clearly, he didn't change them as much as Dre, which is true.

Seriously, the shit which sets some of you off is funny sometimes. I can only hope I have the approval of proper fan status in the future, though.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

When i Googled "Kanye sucks" I found I'm not alone.
    I still will ride with epmd, Eric B, LL, Tupac, Cube, Dre, Eminem, snoop, nwa, slick rick, busta, biggie, run dmc, etc and prefer their style. Not a Kanye fan. Not a Jay z fan. He rhymes too many words with the same word.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I hate Kanye. I think he’s a miserable person needs help and either can’t or doesn’t want to take it. When his mom passed, I think he lost the only stabilizing influence in his life. He’s a train wreck, piece of shit human being.

I also personally, don’t like his music.

That said, and bad as he is at being a human being, he is as good of a musician. Sometimes shitty people are really talented. Kanye is really shitty and really talented.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Burrow would have had about 2 more seconds it looks like Chase was going to beat Ramsey for the game. Ramsey is garbage.

Attached Files:

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't really like music at all. That's my hot take

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Aaron Donald wasn't losing that game

zehr27 and VolDad like this.
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think Ye (Kanye) is bipolar. With that said he has the resources to get help.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Top singles, top albums, weeks on charts

Indy likes this.
  16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think it’s all of those things, yours and his.

17. InVolNerable

It is. I was adding to his list, not supplanting it.

The Dooz likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

I'm not looking for a path to victory in a debate about hip hop and could give a shit of you think Kanye or Krispy Kreme is the goat. I know what I like and that's all that matters to me.

19. InVolNerable

It's Froggy Fresh now. Not allowed to go by Krispy Kreme.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ha. Glad someone knew I was talking about The Baddest. The runny nose always gets me