I’m just here to do the Super Bowl shuffle…

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've got 19 and 15 year old sons who listen to nothing but rap Indy. You know nothing

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Kanye is almost a different genre from those people. Out of the newer rappers Kendrick might be your guy, or none of them which is fine. I agree with you on Jay-Z; I liked Reasonable Doubt from 25 years ago but not a big fan.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mine listen to game soundtracks. Also, youngest listens to New Orleans Jazz.

Cannot say mine have ever listened to rap.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

College Dropout is such a good album though. Everyone should give that one a shot IMO

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you share ears with your 19 or 15 year old sons? Are you able to tell us what Kendrick they're listening to?

You couldn't name either of the two songs the dude performed at the Super Bowl. They're debatably his best 2 songs, depending on who you ask. It's like claiming "I've listened to Eminem" and then referring to Lose Yourself during the halftime show and referring to it as "that song Eminem performed."

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I second this post.

I don't know which Kendrick album I'd recommend people listen two because his 3 best are all so different. Probably GKMC if you want the most "traditional" album. TPAB if you want his most unique contribution to the genre. And DAMN. if you want his most all around complete, self-reflective masterpiece, I guess.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Great, that must mean Britney Spears, The Eagles, and Whitney Houston are greater than The Clash, Amy Winehouse, Sonic Youth, and Kate Bush. And, Lamar and Dre aren't the same era.

"Greatness" is a subjective statement, no matter the tap dancing logic.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't used the word greatness. Used the words "accomplished rapper."

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, feels like this goes without saying, but I don't think many people would question that Kendrick is a far more technically gifted rapper than Dre. Can we at least all agree on that?

10. Ssmiff

Again, you know nothing. I don't recall many song titles. Thinking about Check your Head and Paul's Boutique, I can sing along with every song but besides the obvious like Shake Your Rump, I dont know all the song titles.
    And I play whatever my son wants on the way to and from practice and games, which is rap, and 5 days a week, so I'm probably listening to more than you Indy between your watching Lebron and playing computer games.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Put some respect on Section 80. ADHD and Rigamortis are some of his best songs

NashVol11 likes this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You used "greatness" in regards to their work in post #227. Regardless, "accomplished" is still rather subjective, especially if you are trying to parse out credit for Straight Outta Compton. Metrics are up to debate, making it subjective.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't disagree with you, but you're gonna have trouble pushing those songs in a conversation like this. If I can't get a man to listen to m.A.A.d city or Alright, then I definitely won't be able to get him to play Section.80.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, album greatness. But fine, replace the word greatness with accomplished, if you want to be more specific.

My main point was just to reiterate that the debate started when I called Kendrick the 2nd most accomplished rapper behind Eminem. Not the 2nd greatest rapper. Accomplished is less subjective than greatest.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's the Utah Jazz now, they moved a few years ago

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's not just the titles dude. You didn't know the songs. You hadn't heard them. Your posts made that abundantly clear.

You can't say you've listened to Kendrick if you don't know those songs. Those songs ARE Kendrick. Yeah, you've probably heard a song or two in passing. But you haven't listened to him.

Either way, I'm done trying to convince you. You're the most hard headed person on this board, so it's a waste of my time. Keep missing out, if that's what you want. You've had two people in this thread read YOUR list of what you like and conclude that Kendrick is right up your alley. But like always, you know best and [uck fay] the rest.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Greatness is subjective yes, unless it’s Nate Dogg we are taking about. Because when they call him the King of Hooks, it’s true.

justingroves and NashVol11 like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Convince me of what Indy? What have I said about Lamar besides it sounded like trash last night, especially compared to Dre, snoop and eminem?
    Wtf is is your issue that makes this such a problem for you to handle, enough to debate yourself, argue a point about Lamar I'm not making. And you cal someone hard-headed while basically arguing with yourself about a point not made.
    I thought he sounded bad last night and none of your bs will change my mind so yes, drop it and stfu

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Listening to a couple songs in the car on the way to an event isn't the way to take in a rapper like Kendrick. You miss the narrative flow of the album if you don't listen in the order in which the songs were meant to be played, and you miss too much of the lyrics when distracted by driving and car conversation.

Carve out 45 minutes, sit down, and listen to the album from start to finish (or finish to start, if it's DAMN.). That's how you listen to Kendrick.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You called him "same talent" as Kanye, and meant it as an insult (which was a big LOL for pretty much everyone else in the thread).

My issue is that you make claims about a guy like Kendrick (and Kanye) not being talented and you haven't even listened to him. That's my problem. Feels like I've made it abundantly clear over the last couple of pages, but here it is for the umpteenth time, since you haven't caught on yet.

I'm arguing with your point that Kendrick lacks talent. That is absolutely a point you made, and I've been arguing with it, along with your claim that you've listened to Kendrick, which you've made abundantly clear is just untrue.

If you had just said he sounded bad last night, you wouldn't have heard a peep from me. I disagree with the opinion, but it's a perfectly fair opinion to have. But that's not what you said. You made a comment about how he lacks talent. That's why you got a reply from me.

Imagine if you had taken it a step further and commented about how he sucks performing life. Those 4 Grammy's for Best Rap Performance (most ever) would have hit you real hard.