MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

13 Ks in 8 innings on 101 pitches. Helps that 81 were strikes.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Braves just did the unthinkable. Won 3 of 4 in a series and come away feeling like you lost it by blowing a 4 run lead in the 9th of the last game. There’s not much worse in sports than an unreliable bullpen.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Really sucky L.

Spin zone though: at least the Mets have derailed this week and the Braves still have the best record in the NL so far.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sounds good to me

NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I call BS. Julio Franco was 87 25 years ago

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Mets drilled/injured Acuna. Probably the only way they were going to stay competitive with us.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Gotta love the Mets. I was personally a big fan of this...
    66FAFB4C-4272-4D6B-8EBE-3CDFF2AB2D6D.jpeg

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

How can you not hate the Mets? Only NL East organization in my lifetime that hasn’t won the World Series and it needs to stay that way.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ump looking straight at it. Justin Verlander's "neutral commentator" brother was on Twitter defending the no call

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I primarily consume all things MLB vicariously through the Braves-so my perception might be skewed here-but I swear I’ve never seen another player get hit in the head/upper body area more often than Acuna does. There is a perspective within the baseball universe that he is “a bit much” with the showboating flare and deserves crap like this. Such a horseshit, [uck fay]ed up mentality

I’m sorry, but intentionally aiming a 95+ mph baseball at someone’s ear hole being a part of baseball in the name of “message sending” falls under the whole “unwritten rules” stupidity that logically and morally have never made sense to me. It’s not cute. It’s not macho. It’s not funny entertainment. If anything it should be criminal. A baseball going that fast intentionally targeted at your head is a weapon.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Tatis showboats just as much and had a PED suspension and it feels like he’s less hated, the Acuña hate has always been weird to me

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Glen Kuiper, yowza

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maybe it's the neon gloves

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cardinals are moving Contreras to a corner outfield spot. I cannot describe how awful of a situation our genius GM guru has put us in.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not addressing pitching at all in the offseason is basically like if I came to work and sat on the toilet an entire month

justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've only ever seen him wear yellow.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Highlighter yellow

I like Acuna and I think it's chickenshit what the Mets did

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Dear Braves,

Vaughn Grissom is not a major league SS.

Sincerely,
    Anyone with eyes

NashVol11 likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Happy Bartolo Colon went yard day everybody. Second holiest day on the MLB celebration calendar.