OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nearly get conquered by Germany.

2. CardinalVol

Holzhauer just put in a show. Mercy.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

kindof throwing your hometown Amalfi coast under the trolley

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My casa italiana is in Tuscany

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Alright, I'm seriously considering breaking out the tin foil, well double layered aluminum at this point, but anyway. The wife and I have been discussing building a house, and while driving through South Pittsburg or Stevenson, AL or somewhere along US 72 yesterday, I saw a mid century modern style house and wondered to myself (I was alone and don't tend to talk to myself too often) whether we could both agree on something like that, what it might look like, floorplans, etc. Fast forward to this morning, and there's an ad on the facebooks for just that sort of thing. I didn't say a word, and I hadn't performed any searches or looked at anything similar. Are we sure those COVID shots didn't have some sort of nanotech, mind reading transmitter in them?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You discussed it with your wife generally, that is enough.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Not that particular topic.

8. CardinalVol

Anybody else watching Jeopardy:Masters? Gonna be a two person race between James and Mattea IMO.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No one else is tbh

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

As seen on my way home. I guess someone just wasn't up to master level multitasking. IMG_20230523_175145.jpg

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My son had is Eagle board of review tonight.

He is now an Eagle Scout. I am one proud papa.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Meanwhile, down in bammer....

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

gcbvol likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, and what is weird to me is that once again it is like there is amnesia about when this has happened before:

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/20/1117993583/orcas-attacks-spain-portugal-killer-whales

https://www.newsweek.com/mystery-orca-attacks-sink-boat-1756958

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/orca-whale-attack-sitka-alaska-victor-littlefield-fishing-excursion/

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19213-teenage-drivers-why-whales-smash-into-boats/

And before that, you can find reports of whales doing this with experts expressing doubt that it really happened-- what is different is that in the 2010's and beyond, everything is on camera. This does not appear to be "new" behavior but rather a potential response to small vessels.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I've read one possibility is trauma from being hit by a boat. This could happen to an orca which then 'spreads' the behavior to other local orcas.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whales do get hit a lot. Like, a whole lot. One of the leading causes of death for whales.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think they were just screwing around there if anything. No wild orcas have ever been known to kill a single human in all of recorded history. Only manically depressed orcas imprisoned in human captivity have ever purposely harmed another human.

Their intelligence and understanding they have with humans they encounter in the wild in general is fascinating to learn about. For example in some parts of the world locals and orca pods have worked together for hundreds of years as fishing partners. Essentially the Orcas will herd schools of fish into the nets of local fisherman knowing that the fishermen will give them a fair portion of the fish they help them catch in return. Really neat stuff. Orcas/dolphins in general are one of the more remarkable species on all of planet Earth.

And I’m certainly not anti-hunting/farming/fishing generally as long as everyone involved is acting within the law and are being ecologically responsible. However wholeheartedly [uck fay] Whalers. These creatures must be protected at all costs.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Doubt anybody here watched but natl semis in college lacrosse today both unreal games and went into OT. ND down 2 with 3 minutes left ended up winning. Hard to see the speed of the game on tv and 6’3-6’7 size with guys shooting 100 mph at a goalie 25 feet away. Imagine being a batter and seeing a 100 mph pitch from 25 feet. And they don’t wear pads on their legs.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Anyone ever been to Dauphin Island? My wife has found a place she wants to go down there in a few weeks and I know nothing about it other than it's in Alabama, which makes me already not like it.