OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Four shots of Flonase and a Zyrtec every day

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Sarasota. The issue is there is stuff growing here year round. There's always something. It never stops.

ole_orange likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, I had forgotten about the mistrial previously. What a sack of shit he was. Throw away the [uck fay]ing key.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Happy birthday Tennessee. 227 years young today.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Random thought of the day, ELO has some good songs that would be good if anyone other than ELO was doing them, but I just don’t like ELO

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The cynical, tin-foiled hatter within me open to possibilities who sometimes hopes reality is actually less boring than it likely is might push back and say something like "of course an ex-US astronaut who is now a US Senator is being used as a public front by the State to downplay all these UFO accounts that keep popping up".

However that article is very fair and convincing when it comes to explaining away a lot the stuff you keep hearing about/seeing online. Like that article conveyed using the old Carl Sagan quote "extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence"...

Still, it's fun to ponder the age old question "Are we actually alone in the Universe?" nonetheless.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I doubt we are alone and also doubt anything that could travel here would want to but be sloppy about it

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

With the size of the universe, it would honestly be more surprising if we are alone.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It is hard to imagine how aliens could space travel to us only to crash their spacecraft somewhere in New Mexico randomly or whatever the case may be. But who knows what the motivations might be for theoretical beings in the cosmos to venture to Earth that have far surpassed our infantile understanding of navigating in between vast distances found in space using our human brain understanding of needing to travel light years linearly in order to arrive somewhere far away in space.

Them compared to our human brain limitations I imagine would be something like an ant having to conceptualize how and why humans build cars to quickly travel distances during the span of their natural life that otherwise seem impossible from their perspective

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is one of my favorite meltdowns ever.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Globe conspiracy isn't helping clear this up.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"That doesn't make me crazy."

Yes, it does.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

A guy I knew back in the 90s, Penn State student fwiw, insisted that there was a government conspiracy to keep us from driving faster by secretly mandating speedometer adjustments that make it appear we drive faster than we actually do. Dude was an engineering intern (parts quality, I think) with a major automaker. Maybe that's part of the global flat earth coverup as well.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a good conspiracy. Until one has a map, watch, and calculator.

warhammer likes this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That was my favorite part. Globes did not proliferate until NASA deemed them critical to their efforts to get money for themselves. My ex-wife has fallen into the conspiracy world and it's amazing what one will believe once they start on the slippery slope from their first "revelation". She ended up telling my (former) nephew to be careful because some of his professors would tell him false stuff after he announced he was going to study aerospace engineering. Covid broke a lot of people.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Maybe they are propaganda maps?

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The internet giving people who lack critical thinking skills and the ability to process information access to an unlimited amount of data, both accurate and inaccurate, and ways to easily communicate with each other is a major problem, too. Unfortunately, it's an issue which lacks an easy or clear solution.

SetVol13, Poppa T, IP and 1 other person like this.