Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We got a lot of freezing rain today too. Finally pure snow, but also a layer of ice below it.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Been doing nothing but snowing up here in Norris. All day. Pouring down right now, too. Probably have 8" of snow here

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Wait. Those work? Which ones?

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We just measured 8.5 inches of snow here in West Knox.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It might not look like it exactly, but it's chihuahua deep in places here.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ended up with 8"

8. CardinalVol

We probably only got 5 tops, and that's being generous, but flurries are still dropping right now.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My wife has said we got 8 here. I like that she thinks it's that much.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s a nice, balmy -3°F here right now

11. CardinalVol

All right, snow has been fun. Time for God to turn the thermostat back up to 80.

cpninja and utvol0427 like this.
  12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My neighborhood has been a sheet of ice for 3 days. Thawed just enough yesterday to freeze even harder over the night. I’m tired of eating the supplies I stocked up on. Should have gone with more variety.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The weight of the snow collapsed a big section of the tent at the crazy hate church down the street from me. Apparently caused a lot of damage to equipment.

Unsurprisingly, the pastor is not taking it as a sign from God.

Meanwhile, people are having a field day since said church is pretty much universally disliked around here due to their antics.

justingroves likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

This was my favorite comment -

https://x.com/ACL80GFYS/status/1747337017472794900?s=20

VolDad, NorrisAlan and emainvol like this.
  15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

16. CardinalVol

There are some things in this world I can't understand and that people can't see right through him is #2 on the list right behind the same for Trump.

IP, emainvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. CardinalVol

And now we may have a mini ice storm tonight on top of everything else

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

During COVID, the man put a video on Twitter talking about how he wanted to kick a Dunkin Donuts employee in the face with his steel toed boot because they asked him to put his mask on (per store policy)

His people loved it, and the church has grown a lot since. Because he appeals to dipshits.

Either that or I missed that part in the Bible about face-kicking teenagers to let out your anger issues.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Anyways, don't want to derail the thread with that, I have just been very amused by it.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Zero chance schools are open tomorrow. This stuff isn’t going anywhere and side streets/coves/driveways still with inches of snoice.
    sledding has been slower than usual with this snow but son just did a run and almost went into the creek that’s wasnt in play yesterday. He’s one and done.
    This all reminds me of the storm in 93. I lived off Chapman Hwy at Woodmeade and there was a huge hill on the backside. Roomate took the front of the Coke machine sign off. Nobody up there had sleds so you saw boxes, canoes, linoleum from kitchens.. being used to try to sled without much success for most part. This coke sign flew and he didn’t stop until he shot completelly across the road on the back side and into the guardrail, no telling how far from the top. these are college kids stuck up on a hill with no electricity for a couple of days, and we didn’t plan ahead so people were going stir crazy. Using snow to flush toilet. Luckily we had protein powder or we woulda starved. I haven’t left the house since Monday and am about to go crazy.