Teams About To Disappoint.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Arizona will be lucky to stay within 50 of SC, let alone beat them.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Mizzou has a great QB in Franklin. They also have DGB now in that offense. They could be pretty good.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I can't stand Tony Barnhardt.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2 senior qbs who sucked. he wouldn't have had to been very good to start over them.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agreed. their d will get destroyed. now stoops for some reason regurally would upset a decent team at home every year, but i can't see it here.

6. hatvol96

Were they running out of steam or coasting with big leads? The only team to get back in the game against them was Oregon, and offensive blunders had a lot to do with that.

7. hatvol96

The distance between Franklin and "great" is roughly comparable to that between Miami and Vancouver.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't know. stanford's holes in the 4th quarter were huge. i believe they gave up more points in the 4th quarter than 1-3 combined last year, so it's not just a one game situation. losing kennard was a huge loss and another starter whose name i can't remember is out for a couple of weeks. another dlineman goes out and any team with a decent running game will destroy them. Though obviously the offense will probably score 40+ a game. This doesn't scream NC caliber team IMO, but as discussed the schedule is very favorable. if stanford can maintain that running game (doubtful imo considering what i'm hearing) they'll get very close to beating them. offensively usc matches up extremely well with stanford and oregon though.

9. hatvol96

Of course they gave up a bunch of fourth quarter points. Teams with huge cushions do that. They bottled Washington up til the score was out of hand and Oregon didn't do anything til SC's tailbacks started giving them the ball. Their defense, coupled with that offense will be plenty good enough.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

but's it's not all blowouts they gave up those points to. Stanford and ASU scored at will and those were all losses.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

They sucked so bad that they led them to 13-0 start and a NC bid.

They combined for 165/168 for 2043 yds 20 TD's and 5 INT's on a team that primarily ran the ball.

12. hatvol96

Arizona State's points were almost all off of turnovers and pretty sure both of those games were in the first half of the season.

13. hatvol96

Stanford was, in fact, the 8th game of the season. With Luck, a couple of high draft picks on the O line, and an NFL tight end, they scored 34 in regulation. Nothing awesome about that.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't see USC losing to anyone this year. It could happen, but I don't see it.

15. hatvol96

SC was also playing 3 freshmen at linebacker. I'll take a wild guess and say they'll be improved this year.

16. hatvol96

There are 3 or 4 games they could lose, but it'll take a bad day for them and the opponent's best to get it done.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have the elite offense necessary to control games and lower the number of plays. Depth won't be an issue if they're shortening games and limiting possessions.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I hope they drop a game somewhere. Having nothing to do with Lane, I hate USC.

19. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm on board with you. I'm not seeing the USCe love. I think UGA is the best team in the East. I think UT is the second best.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think Oregon will beat them this year.