Teams About To Disappoint.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

FSU is high on my preseason list. I think they're (finally) gonna be legit this year.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Nope.

3. kidbourbon

It doesn't really even matter. Their schedule is really tough this year. I see them losing at least:

@Mich St.
    vs. Mich
    @Oklahoma
    @USC

One of:
    vs. Stanford
    vs. BYU

4. kidbourbon

Elaborate

5. kidbourbon

You believe they will be able to score?

6. kidbourbon

The thing with Michigan, is who is better than them in the B1G? Maybe Nebraska? Possibly Mich. St? Do we really think tOSU improved that much from last year?

I think Michigan will be favored over everybody on their sked except Bama and Nebraska.

7. kidbourbon

I think Mccarron is legit. He's unquestionably an upgrade over their last two QBs.

8. kidbourbon

Stanford

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wisconsin

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Stanford scored 34 points in regulation with a handful of guys who will start in the NFL as rookies. Big deal.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

People are way too high on Kansas State, too.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bill Snyder is a sneaky somebody though. I never count that dude out.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stanford also plays the kind of smash mouth between the tackles running that has always given a Tampa 2 D trouble.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, Michigan may have the ball for 20 minutes on offense against them.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

McCarron is more physically talented than either McElroy or Wilson but he doesn't have Julio to throw to and he's not as smart with the ball as either of them.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm guessing UF is going to look a lot like Tennessee did in 2008, except a better defense.

If Debose and Gillislee can make a few plays a game, they'll win 8 or 9. If they get contained, they'll win 5 or 6.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Oregon's record in USC's "house" is pretty terrible historically. And USC has the LBers to shut down that offense. Of course if USC loses another palyer on the Dline all bets are off. I actually think USC beats oregon pretty comfortably.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

by the end of regulation i could have scored running through those holes. but there is no one with that type of line on the schedule this year. unless shaw really can keep stanford smashmouth which IMO is easier said than done.

19. kidbourbon

I thought the discussion was about USC's D being gassed/vulnerable late in the game. I remember that game, and they were.

20. kidbourbon

(1)
    Might that be because, historically, USC has been much much better than Oregon at the game of football? Or do you think the Coliseum was built to house Wizards that cast spells that adversely affect those wearing green uniforms?

(2)
    Bold statement. I think you're underestimating the Ducks this year, but what the heck do I know.