Teams About To Disappoint.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Every year there are a handful of teams who start the season with huge expectations, only to finish the season mired in mediocrity. Who do you think fits that bill in '12? West Virginia and TCU are the first two that come to mind for me.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Arkansas being ranked in the top 10 is joke

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Notre Dame. Too easy, I know.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oregon is not going to be at the level they are used to.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hmmm. WVU in the Big 12 should be a lot more interesting. I think Stanford will take a step back.

FSU, Arkansas, and South Carolina are all preseason top 10, but I doubt they finish there.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree. They're an injury away from only having one playmaker on O.

7. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Georgia at six could be disastrous. They have the talent, but I could easily see them falling apart in some big games.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Clemson. Why? They're Clemson.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think USCe is going to win the East and UGA takes a big step backwards

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's kind of like picking VT or FSU. It's a shock if they do live up to expectations

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

FSU has an easy schedule this year. If they don't finish top-5 they really underachieved.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's only a matter of time before FSU has a big year. They're too talented not to.

I could see LSU struggle out of the gate.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I keep saying very year that this will be the year Les Myles returns to Earth but he seems to have made some deal with the devil.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Clemson? You mean giving up 70 points in the bowl game didn't give you faith?

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I think Stanford takes a giant leap back............they lost a ton in addition to losing Luck

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Losing those ol may hurt more than losing Luck to be honest. Stanford won games by winning the los

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Exactly. They ran the ball more than they threw it last year. If the stud freshmen they have can do the job on the O line, the PAC 12 isn't good enough to make them fall too far.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Speaking of the Pac 12, what are people's thoughts on Utah? They could be a dark horse.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Agreed. Their talent was massively overrated beyond th guys that just got drafted. Michigan isn't a top 10 team.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Utah doesn't have bcs level talent. They actually might have a chance to off sc given its a Thursday home game and the fans will be crazy, but they just don't have the depth to win more than say 8 games