Teams About To Disappoint.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure USCe is gonna be all that. Not sure how much offense they're gonna have. Connor Shaw? Lattimore off ACL injury? They do have the best coach on the sideline in the division and some defense, but I wouldn't be surprised if they disappoint.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Southern Cal. Is their D really good enough to win a title?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we had CLK here, I would honestly see us serious conference title contenders with this roster. But with Dooley at the helm...

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Their defense was just fine the second half of last season.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Does anyone really think they're going to be any good?

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

FSU always seems to find a way to blow it.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Won't help much this year, but their OL class was insane.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

lost steam regurally in the 4th quarter. they also lost a couple of guys to injury already. the dline is extremely thin. their schedule might be easy enough to not make it matter though.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2 of those guys might start this year. this indicates to me they are in deep trouble. even some of the best olineman in history were simply mediocre as true freshman. their d was vastly overrated as well. let's see how it does when it doesnt' have a clock eating offense to back em up.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Went to the Arky red / white game Saturday night. Wow. Defense still very iffy and the offense isn't remotely as deadly on the outside. They'll be disappointed, just like USCe and USCw.

I think UF is better than anyone believes. AL is overrated without some new guys seriously stepping up.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if mccarron takes the "leap" they'll be back in the NC game. I must admit i didn't see it in him before the NC game last year.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't see it in McCarron just due to what he has on the outside and the step back from Richardson. The offense won't be as good as it was last season and there is no way the defense stays where it was. They have sideline talent that might make them great at the end of the year, but much has yet to be seen.

If Mettenberger can play at all, LSU will be deadly.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

don't they have most of the oline returning?

I don't believe the press on mettenberger. why didn't he play last year if he was worth anything?

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Was he eligible?

Regardless, I think LSU is the best team. I think they'll run the table if they can mentally shake off the the title game and the loss of Honey Badger.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes, he was.

LSU is my pick. Les is always the wildcard.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Random teams in Top 25 I think may not live up to hype

USC - Oregon or Arizona gets them, maybe someone else, just not deep enough even though offense should be fun to watch
    Georgia - I just don't see it. I just don't.
    Michigan - only if the B1G is really down this year is this justifiable
    Arkansas - reasons well documented
    Texas - just because
    Florida - I could see a 5 loss season from them

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

historically it's been an early road game that's got SC. Best bets would be stanford or utah, but stanford's qb reportably isn't looking good and utah probably doesn't have the offensive talent.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I don't know if this counts because most of us don't believe they'll be any good anyway but I'll say Vandy. I say this because around here they're being hyped up as a 7 win bowl team. I think they're more of a 4-5 win team. As far as teams with bigger expectations on a national scale (top25), I'll go with USCe and Oklahoma St.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Lsu had two sr qb's last year. You really think the new guy would start over them? He probably understands the offense 100% now. He was also starting over murray at georgia before being dismissed.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If UGA, USCe, And UF are not what they are supposed to be like most everyone think, who does that leave in the East? The CBS guys, (Brando, Barnhardt, Tillman, and Danielson) seem to think that Missouri will play a big role in deciding the East.