Weirdness Surrounding The Basketball Program.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, May 7, 2013.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Don't laugh just yet.

[​IMG]

2. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I blame Title IV.

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

The EA show is hilarious this morning about this. The clip of Forrest Gump talking to Jenny was gold.

4. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

This is like watching a slow motion train wreck on repeat. What's next?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I keep thinking it can't get much worse, to be honest. I guess I need to stop.

6. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

I'm convinced I'll be watching all of this on a 30 for 30 in 20 years.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is called "the good ol boy system" going horribly wrong.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The downfall of a state university

9. PoochPunt3rdDown

Good time to chime in, *******. You are about as classy as a Kentucky fan.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We Won't Get Fooled Again...oh wait, nevermind

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At least my niche is mostly competently run, in spite of everything.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  12. VOLinDAWGland

correction..."of state universities". Penn State already got their's and I'm quite certain there's many more to fall after decades of growing decadence and corruption and ripping off students with ever unjustified increased tuition and other expenses and dumbed down useless curricula...the whole rotten university system is beginning to crumble. Good riddance.

If UT's particular problems stem from the over influence of the Haslams, then I don't see the problems going away until the Haslams go away.

13. VOLinDAWGland

Correction...these are problems of all large government and quasi government structures that become too big, too decadent, too corrupt to manage. True non government corporate structures - other than the large and corrupt "to big to fail" banks - while they may have issues, also have built in corrective mechanisms - customers, investors, regulations - that if not satisfied will ultimately put it out of business. Government and quasi government entities like large universities have no such natural correctives thus issues continue to build until the whole rotten system collapses.

14. PoochPunt3rdDown

Always more visitors than members on this site. Someone is paying attention.

15. PoochPunt3rdDown

Good thing we have, currently, Stacy Campfield as the voice of opposition to most things UT.

16. Tenacious D

Yes.

Our Twitter followers offer merely a glimpse of who visits here.

Most won't post, or can't.

Allegedly.

17. PoochPunt3rdDown

Time to break out the bugle, again, Tenny.

18. Tenacious D

Two problems with the "white knight" solution, Pooch:

1. It's the same people who would have to put such a person in such a position of leadership who would rather see it all go down in flames before allowing it. The protect the status quo is their preeminent concern.

2. They neither could afford, nor would they willingly provide the type of authority to the person(s) actually willing / wanting / capable of effecting wholesale reform, and which the situation now so clearly, and belatedly, requires.

And they don't give a damn what you, me or anyone else who sees it may think - because they know that 98% of all Tennesseans, not just fans mind you, are either not paying attention, or care enough to be moved to do anything about it, even if they took the time to know what was going on.

19. Tenacious D

I typically avoid trying to save people - at what would be a tremendous personal cost, no less - who do not wish to be saved, or even awoken from their slumber.

Besides, if you're just looking at the 8th members (this is pure fantasy, BTW) - I could name 25 people here who are more qualified and infinitely better to lead that charge, than I. Hat, IP, BPV, Justin, OldVol, Unimane, Lex, RB, is but a small portion of the list of names that leap to mind.

Give me any one of those in a position of leadership over there, and there'd be both radical and effective change....too quick to talk about it.

20. PoochPunt3rdDown

I get excited and make bold proclamations. It's part/sucks of my charm/bullshit.