Weirdness Surrounding The Basketball Program.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, May 7, 2013.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Thanks.

My money is on Maryland.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Big day for Cuonzo going forward.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It will be Maryland.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hubbs said A & M

5. hatvol96

If true, he obviously wants to play the wing. Fabyon Harris is going to play 30+ a night at the point for them.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

So, who the hell is Cuonzo going to get? Are there and single star JUCO point guards around that averaged less than two assists per game last year?

7. hatvol96

There are a couple of junior college guys they may look at, but certainly no game changers. Of course, Barton isn't one either. All the people who wanted Trae Golden gone will be screaming for his return come December.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

So it would appear more and more likely that year three is Coach Martin's last with UT.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Let's just get it over with ASAP. Cuonzo is an average coach. I want better.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

With the *******s in charge right now, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why would this bizarre situation affect your opinion of him as a coach?

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It doesn't. But it does expose the fact that he hasn't recruited a PG and is not recruiting well enough to win here. And by "expose" I mean it is going to cost us big time in the W-L column.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  13. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Yep.. ..

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He could have built us up to a strong position this third year and he didn't. When he was hired, Hat mentioned that any good basketball coach shows real results within 3 years these days. Well...

15. hatvol96

That's why he'll win this year or we'll be hiring a new coach. Absent severe extenuating circumstances, think probation, a coach will have a program about where he's going to have it by year 3.

16. hatvol96

Daxter Miles from IMG Academy would be an option if he makes grades.